A few newbie doubts

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

KingMurphy
Ragelope
Location: Yggdrasil Labryinth,Kicked Chimera's arse, stalking Trigourds now
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A few newbie doubts

Postby KingMurphy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:00 pm

I just started playing EO II and find it very interesting. I have technically not played EO I (that is I just finished the map of floor 1 and a couple of quests and then I stopped playing it because I was bugged by the difficulty of the game).

FOE:
Well I have heard that one can avoid FOE. But I have always failed to do so. The 2F FOE always chases me and I cant do anything about it.Is there are a way to avoid it. I have read things like "run like hell" when you see a FOE, but how exactly do you run if the FOE takes as many steps as you do?!

Wood Bow Quest:
I need a Bent Twig and I cant find a chop point in 1F.

So I cant find any new quests to do. Wood Bow quest is also incomplete. The 2F FOEs dont let me move through their rooms. All I can do is level up. And currently my team is lv 6 L, lv 6 R,lv 3 G,lv 6 M,lv 6 A and I am aimlessly walking on the 1F.

I do not know the game mechanics clearly and so I apologize for stupidity on my part, if any :(

Thank you,
Spai

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm

well you'll need to move up to the 2nd floor now. and the chop point your looking for is on the 3rd floor

Lachrimae
Ragelope

Postby Lachrimae » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 pm

There's at least 1 chop point (that I'm aware of) on the 3rd floor.

As for FOEs, your best bet is to pay attention to the patrol they walk on the map and mark it with a different color floor tile so you know what to expect and if you enter that area, watch the map and make sure you're at least one space (or more) away from them.
Yfariell Guild Leaders
We WILL rule the world.

~~~Sahakia~~~.~~~Yukari~~~.~~~Deienna~~~.~~~.Hiako.~~~.~~~Minamo~~~
Evil Overlord Rule #40:I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

centy
Ragelope

Postby centy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:10 pm

To avoid the FOE you just have to out manoever it not out run it per say or use a Bard to lure it to somewhere and go round it.

As for a chop point the nearest one I think is on Floor3 but it's a long walk the first time to get there and at Level 6 average I think you'll get killed before it. I somehow unlocked the Hindi bow which is far better than the Woodbow before I found the bent twig.

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 pm

FOE:
The first FOE that you encounter never paths into the 3 tiles to the north, south, east, and west in that room. Those would be the tiles that are adjacent to the doors. So you can just move around on those tiles until you get the FOE in a position where it can't catch up to you. Additionally, it only moves in a set, square-shaped path and doesn't become aggressive. Once you learn its movement pattern, it's actually very simple to avoid. The rest of the FOEs on F2 work in a similar fashion. It's just a matter of learning the paths that they move along.

Wood Bow Quest:
This quest was not very well thought out, heh. The chop points you need for bent twigs are located on F3, but you can make a better bow with drops you'll get on F2.

KingMurphy
Ragelope

Postby KingMurphy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Wow, quick replies :)
Thanks guys.

An update...
As of FOE, I actually did outrun them by observing the movement pattern like you guys said. I tried running into them to see how strong they are and got slaughtered! However I could defeat the FOE on 1F, without any item drops :(

Well I dont have a survivalist on my party, so I dont need the bow. I thought that if we complete all the quests, new quests will pop up. So I wanted to finish the Wood Bow quest.
I dont know if I am right in thinking that though :(

So what do you I guys suggest that I do from now on? Just keep on exploring 2F and level up characters?

Thanks again,
Spai :wink:

Lachrimae
Ragelope

Postby Lachrimae » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Yeah, for now just keep exploring, level and remember to go back to town and save often!

When you think you're ready, find the stairs up and head to floor 3.

A word of advice about floor 3: In the big room, DO NOT LET THE FOEs RUN INTO YOU YOU CANNOT FLEE FROM THE STALKERS

...I learned this the hard way.
Yfariell Guild Leaders

We WILL rule the world.

~~~Sahakia~~~.~~~Yukari~~~.~~~Deienna~~~.~~~.Hiako.~~~.~~~Minamo~~~

Evil Overlord Rule #40:I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:50 pm

KingMurphy
Ragelope

Postby KingMurphy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:28 pm

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

KingMurphy
Ragelope

Postby KingMurphy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:59 pm

30 steps = 1 hour

I don't think those skills aren't chaser skills. Troubadour's "Shock" is a chaser skill. Why? Because - your T casts Shock on, say, a Protector, and they "chase" that their next turn with their own attack. Its all about if the skill had to be followed up by another that makes it a chaser skill. Things like a Hexer killing an enemy after its been put to sleep.

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:06 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

61 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”