Room for a beast?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Teklanika
Ragelope

Room for a beast?

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:04 pm

SO despite how this may affect my fan-fiction I really want a beast int eh party! They look like a more offensive protector with some healing thrown in. A very survivable mix and I like their fetch skill.

Current party:
Ronin - Protector - War magus
Survivalist - Survivalist

But who to replace? I do have 2 survivalist... Perhaps if my more offensive one took Foesense I wouldn't need the other who spent 15 points on all gathering skills...

But can i put a beast in the back? I could put the War Magus in the back, but then i should just make her a medic! do medics have a turn based regen? That is by far her super most useful function ever, even with the beasts out of battle regen I couldn't live without the war magus's...

Or should I out the protecter? I know... wierd.... But the beast is almost as good, it can "provoke" and cover... but nothing like front/back/all guard...

And finally in terms of my fan-fiction it would be easiest to write out a survivalist, and hardest to write out the protector.... but then what good is the beast in the back? I like the War magus's regenall too much to get rid of it... but Perhaps I should? Does a medic have anything comparable? (not refresh, I mean passive healing)

[UPDATE] After looking beasts over more carefully I guess I should leave them out. When reading the skills more carefulyl i realize thier passive healing is likely for themselves only. They look to be very nice warrior substuitutes, I would perhaps replace a landshekt with one. thier growl and Houwl abilities are very handy certainly, but you can purchase sleepbells and horns from the store... unless there's a really awesome reason to have one I supose I wont bother.

centy
Ragelope

Postby centy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:31 am

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah I was afraid it was the protector he replaced! right now even when my protector provokes though the enemies ignore it... wich makes him almost useless. Front/Back gaurd don't block spells at all AND despite having it up to lv 5 front guard STILL doesnt multi-guard... so Im thinking I'll have to write poor little Discors back to town with Sparsa~ I've actually wished I had thier growl/howl abilitues when an aggro-chasing FOE spawns up suddenly as you walk by. Once there where no doors to duck into. Thank gods I had high-force or I would have had to warp out.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:36 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:36 am

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:03 am

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”