Newbish Musings

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Cluracan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Newbish Musings

Postby Cluracan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:40 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:02 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:20 am

Seems like a pretty solid build you have there. Gunners are really fun to use, especially their ele shots and ricochet. Troubadours are really fun to use, and versatile. Using a troubadour wisely in the first, and so far this game, has allowed me to use it to take the place of a few classes while only taking one slot. On protectors, I have never found a place for them but smite, as Maxine said, can be a beast of an attack.

If you want more damage meat shields in the front you could also try your troubadour. They can be surprisingly effective up their.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Cluracan
Ragelope

Postby Cluracan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:41 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am

Troubadours got severely nerfed from EO1. They no longer have Relaxing, the HP regeneration spell. Their buffs also got reduced slightly if I recall correctly, now that damage/defense is now divisive instead of subtractive. Troubadours are still fairly decent even after being hit severely with the nerf bat, though.

Key skills you are going to want for a combat-oriented Troub are:

STR Up
Bravery (duh)
Shelter (double duh)
Nihilo
[elemental song of your choice]
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Cluracan
Ragelope

Postby Cluracan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 pm

Yay! The game is miiiiine. A few minutes in and already got my first Game Over. =D

(Venomflies > my team)

But, I hopped back on the proverbial horse and got my first quest done. Although... after a particularly harrowing fight with some hedgehogs and a woodmai, my medic was the only one alive and even then only hanging on by a few HP. This was especially panic-inducing as the guard kept telling me "Your map is incomplete! No going to town and reviving the four dead ones until you fix it!" In spite of all odds though, Aria made it back and revived her comrades.

Speaking of which, I did end up choosing pretty much the above team:

FRONT: Valyria (Prot), Thessaly (DH)
BACK: Meg (Gunner), Tobias (Troub), and Aria (Medic)

I've already got backstories cooked up for the lot of them. >.>

Thanks to everyone who posted above with advice. I -strongly- considered putting Aria up front, but once I started thinking up backstories I realized it'd be fairly out of character for her. I also briefly considered swapping the Troub for a Survivalist, but then I saw that Troubs can use bows! So Toby is now happily in the back row with his sling, singing and... well, slinging.

So now with the quest reward money I've bought some basic equipment for most everyone (although a few unlucky members of Team Aegis are still rocking the Tweed. >.>) And I'm all saved and prepped with warp wires for my second trip into Yggdrasil.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I tried my Medic in the front but just didn't like it. I hate the idea of my Medic taking damage because she is healing priority number one. In the back row she takes less damage and therefore is available more to heal her comrades, rather than herself. I'll let my Protector walk around with 1/2 HP, but never my Medic!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:09 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 am

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”