Floor 30 (True Final Boss)(Possible Spoilers)

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Ryosuke
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Floor 30 (True Final Boss)(Possible Spoilers)

Postby Ryosuke » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Ryosuke
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ryosuke » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:19 am

Naridar
Ragelope

Postby Naridar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:29 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

And my notes just copy-pasted from there:

The "trick" to keep in mind here is that Ur-Child has a set rotation of attacks; he has a CHANCE of breaking this (3% a turn, I believe) but, for the most part, he'll stick to his guns and follow it. This, however, only applies during the day. At Night, he kind of does whatever-the-hell he feels like and will probably horribly destroy you many, many times.

Turn 1: Sacrifice; Damage to Target and Adjacent and Debuffs ATK (Physical)
Turn 2: Hymn; Damage to certain classes (Landsknecht, Protector, Dark Hunter, Beast, Ronin)
Turn 3: Boast; Damage to All (Physical). Chance of applying Sleep, Curse, or Confusion.
Turn 4: Obey; Damage to Target + Adjacent, applies Fire-element to those hit (Physical)
Turn 5: Boast; Damage to All (Physical). Chance of applying Sleep, Curse, or Confusion.
Turn 6: Rest; Heals self for 210. Yes, 210.
Turn 7: Solitude; Damage based on amount of people alive / present (Physical).
Turn 8: Anger; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target. 3-7 times (Fire). Chance of applying Sleep.
Turn 9: Sadness; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target, 3-7 times (Ice). Chance of applying Terror.
Turn 10: Mercy; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target, 3-7 times (Volt). Chance of applying Blind.
Turn 11: Wildance; chance to inflict Instant Death, Petrify, Paralysis, Confusion, Curse, or Poison.
Turn 12: Rest; Heals self for 210.
Turn 13: Begone; Non-Elemental Damage to all-targets (~10000; hit my Protector for 7500 when the rest of his attacks did 600-ish). Survivors are then Head/Arm bound. If Provoked / Baitstepped / Preened / Doze Off'd (oddly) change the attack to End-Wind, a single-target version of Begone.

Afterwards, he merely repeats the loop, though Hymn switches to Ranged version and then Caster. Also, Boast is replaced with Hatred, which is higher damage and buff removal, if you have too many buffs going.

As for damage types, Sacrifice, Boast and Obey are Bash, the Hymns and Dirge are Stab (and with the exception of the first Hymn, they're also Volt), Solitude is Stab and Hatred is Cut. Begone is non-elemental and Anger/Sadness/Mercy types are listed above.

So, in regards to Binding:

Turn 1: Arm
Turn 2: Leg
Turn 3: Arm
Turn 4: Leg
Turn 5: Arm
Turn 6: ---
Turn 7: Leg
Turn 8: Head
Turn 9: Head
Turn 10: Head
Turn 11: Arm
Turn 12: ---
Turn 13: ---

That is, Turn 6 and 12 (Rest) will happen no matter what and Turn 13 is your deadline with the cookie-cutter group. Your goal is to deal 25,000 damage in those 13 turns, reapplying Dominate whenever you see a Bind fall that controls an attack THAT round (which may warrant using Riot Gun so it lands before you die) or a Bind falls that would stop the next turn attack (ie, Turn 6 has Leg Bind fall so you'll want to apply Domiante again to get it back to stop Turn 7's Solitude).

My best advice, if you're sticking to the cookie-cutter group (RWD / GH), which can beat him since that's the group I beat him with, is to Riot Gun -> Dominate on the first turn with a Dampen. After that, unload as much damage as you can while the WM Axcela II's the DH back to Dominate so you can have it up if Arm or Leg falls during Turns 1-5. Use Turn 6 as a freebie round for Dominate or whatever and then repeat the process. With good enough damage output, you should be able to win by Turn 6-7 (ie, averaging about 4000 damage a round).

I've done the fight with a plethora of combinations (PWD; PD; RWD/GH; PWD/GH; PL/SMA; BL/MTH) so the fight is doable with nearly any group. Ideally, you have some way to prevent damage and some way to deal massive damage fast. You'll DEFINITELY want to be using Mists to help cut down the damage (you can stack them! Like, Bash + Stab + Physical to help handle the first few turns) and you can even force him to strip your buffs for you so you can reset them easily by Turn 3 (Hatred instead of Boast due to having too many buffs). Just keep up Mists to reduce his damage and make liberal use of F. Guard, if you use a Protector, or Dominate if you used a DH.

Or just go the 2x Axcela 2 per turn + 2x Hexers to kill him by going invulnerable every round.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:34 am

Current Party:
(L): 68, (L): 67, (P): 67
(M): 67, (A): 66

I need to grind a little more so I can get everyone to 99, but until then... I need help >_<;
I have more Hamao III, Nectall II, and Soma III's than you can shake a stick at, so I'm not in need of any healing items.

also, what is Ur-Child supposed to mean?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 am

I find a lot of JRPGS use Ur synonymously and stylistically with an origin. There are many examples but the first that comes to mind is the first town in Final Fantasy III.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 06, 2009 7:41 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed May 06, 2009 10:37 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 06, 2009 7:31 pm

http://www5.atwiki.jp/sekaiju_maze2

This is the Japanese wiki for the game... I wonder if that answer could be buried in there somewhere.... o_O;

[s]http://www5.atwiki.jp/sekaiju_maze2/pages/67.html#id_7899110c

? One of these maybe?
Don't think so since the stats don't match up with english stats.[/s]

FOUND IT:
http://www5.atwiki.jp/sekaiju_maze2/pages/167.html

The Japanese name for Ur-Child is: 始原の幼子

Which roughly translated (with the help of crappy google translator after I tinkered with it) means: Primordial-Child

Looks like we now have what they were meaning when they gave it the name Ur-Child ^_^

I wonder if anyone could put that in romanji for me so I can see how it's "spoken".

[] - [] - [] - []

17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”