Floor 30 (True Final Boss)(Possible Spoilers)

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Tenan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tenan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I've beat him multiple times using HTH/BB. It requires a little bit of luck, but also does not require any Axcela II's, Force Skills, or any expensive equipment. Just a couple Medica IV and some Nectars. It seems that normally only 1 or 2 people are alive at the end, but it only takes between 5-7 turns depending on how lucky you get, or you all die. It's still a really cheap way to farm en. Plus you're farming en on the mega big baddy.

Basically I have Troubadour use Stamina, and then Medica IV/Nectars when needed. The two hexers use Revenge each turn while the Beasts Preen, Riskwall, and absorb damage and die and come back to life.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Riskwall? With Beasts? And a 3rd Hexer would probably net more damage than a Troubadour using Shelter, especially since you should have 999 HP without the buff by then anyway.

Hell, 5 Hexers removes most the luck too if you want to go that way since Sacrifice tends to target the back anyway (~12500 damage dealth, 2 die), Hymn won't kill any if they're at ~6 HP+ (~7500 damage), and Ur-Child dies on turn 3 before Boast kills you (~7500 damage). Not that I'd really recommend doing the fight with 5 Hexers, mind you, but ... yeah.

Incidentally, Preen does nothing the turn it's used (barring the defensive boost) so you're probably better off using Bristle on the first turn and Preen on the second turn. You only care about Preen being up in time for Obey (fourth turn).

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”