The Five Stats

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

palms
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Five Stats

Postby palms » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm not exactly sure what all of the five stats (strength, technique, vitality, agility, and luck,) do. I'll give you what I know, so if I've got anything wrong or only partially complete, please correct me.

Strength: Increases attack

Technique: No clue. I'm guessing it has something to do with skills, but I'm not sure

Vitality: Increases defense

Agility: Increases attack speed, and maybe evasion? Once again, I'm not sure on the evasion part.

Luck: Increases critical hit chance.

If I've got anything wrong or if anyone can expand on the one of the stats, please post. Thanks.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Technique I've assumed helps booster the potency of your skills and slightly increases the damage done by them? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And Luck is right, but... I wonder, does this also increase accuracy by any chance?

[] - [] - [] - []

palms
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby palms » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:27 pm

No clue. I'm wondering if there is anything that increases skill effectiveness... It'd be nice if my hexer could actually effect a FOE for once... And is it even worth putting any skill points into the five stats anyway? If it is, that'd be great. I seeing some flaws that could be greatly fixed if the five stats actually turn out to do something. I did a test on vitality, and it seems that +1 vitality= +1 defense, which equals +10 defense, if you max out vitality, which I think sucks. Does +10 defense actually make a visible difference in damage reduction? Anyway, 10 skill points for +10 defense? I don't think that's worth it. Then again, I only tested to 1 skill point in vitality, maybe it increases more per skill point the more you put in... Dunno.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Vitality is VERY worth it. Couldn't defeat a boss, did some leveling and put the points towards vitality (about 2) and it was just the edge that I needed. You are forgetting that this game really isn't your typical FF sort of game. It's bad ass and hard and you need whatever edge that the game will give you to make it through.

Say you get some new equipement - that's +2 maybe towards defense, then you put two points towords HP Up +2, then you do some Vit +2. +6 points towards keep your ass alive and well. Learn to take what you can get.

[] - [] - [] - []

palms
Ragelope

Postby palms » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:54 pm

Whoa- cool. I'm putting vitality into my protector then. Ok, so I'm still wondering if any of the five stats increase skill effectiveness. If there's one that does, well, my party will be perfect!

Ramus
Fenrir

Postby Ramus » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:59 pm

palms
Ragelope

Postby palms » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:05 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:46 pm

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

cmoon
Ragelope

Postby cmoon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:26 pm

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:13 am

You know what tech up didnt improve for me? The regenall of my warmagus. I mastered it (so everyone gets 5hp per turn, then put a point into tec up... but I only still get 5hp a turn. Bummer. If this skill doesnt level with her, Im gonna rest her and wipe it. it was a LIFE SAVER and AWESOME in the beginning, but it seems to lose usefulness later on...

centy
Ragelope

Postby centy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:01 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:24 pm

24 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”