Troubador skillset?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Do5eI
Ragelope

Troubador skillset?

Postby Do5eI » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:18 am

anyone have any good builds or ideas on one? i like having my troubador for divinity at the moment but i'd like her to do more than stand around raising my defense. i'd really like for her to work really well with my hexer since i've decided to have my whole party be more effective in combination with the hexer. any ideas would be appreciated. :-)

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 pm

I have a Troubadour in my EO1 party, and I like that she's a decent attacker (at least in the first half of the game) who can take hits too. Bravery and Shelter are her most used songs, as well as Relaxing. It really helps extend the time you can stay in the Labyrinth before your TP run out. Divinity may seem like a great skill, but don't spend too many points on it. Grinding for levels is also a good way to gather items. The only other song I use occasionally is Recovery. It comes in handy when the Medic is incapable of using Refresh to remove ailments.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:16 pm

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Do5eI
Ragelope

Postby Do5eI » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:04 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Do5eI
Ragelope

Postby Do5eI » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:17 am

Madanial
Ragelope

Postby Madanial » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Cluracan
Ragelope

Postby Cluracan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:32 am

I think my big goal for EOII is making the Troubadour work. I'm still experimenting and only on Floor 7 at the moment, so... still working on it.

That said, if you want your party to be built around the hexer, the HP increase song will help with Revenge.

I also love using the Troub's Force Skill (Crusade) along with my Medic's. The problem with Crusade is that the HP increase only increases the maximum, not the current... so when it's followed up by a full party heal from the medic (or in your case, probably war magus) it means your whole team gets instant massive HP totals. And in your case, ideally a Revenge from the Hexer before the heal.

I play really defensively, though, and I think the Troubadour shines with that playstyle, since his buffs have (as far as I can tell) an infinite duration, including his force skill buffs. If you're aiming for a super offensive team that two-shots bosses, Troub is maybe not for you.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:59 am

I think the Troubadour is not as useful in EO2 as in EO1 because they removed the HP and TP recovery skills.
They should have given her something like Caduceus to make up for it. Something like Nikki's GrandFinale tech from Chrono Cross would be cool 8)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”