Builds for my party

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Builds for my party

Postby Teclo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:53 pm

I've been putting off making a thread like this because I thought I'd figure it out over time and it also seems quite "noobish"... But if anything I'm getting more uncertain over time and I am a noob; no denying it. Basically, I'll list my party information and what I'm thinking of doing with them and I'd be very grateful if you could comment on it. The first two are front row, the rest are back row.

Party Stats

Makoto, Landsknecht
Level 11
Atk 50
Def 40

HP Up 1
STR Up 1
Swords 4
Axes 5
Deathaxe 1
(1 Skill Point in reserve)

Kusanagi, Ronin
Level 8
Atk 53
Def 29

Iai 5
Kubiuchi 3
Hyosetsu 1
(1 Skill Point in reserve)

Alex, Alchemist
Level 8
Atk 43
Def 31

TP Up 4
TEC Up 3
Fire Up 1
Fire 1
(Again, 1 Skill Point in reserve)

Teclo, Gunner
Level 10
Atk 55
Def 25

TEC Up 1
Guns 7
Weakshot 1
Voltshot 1
Medishot 2*

Freya, Medic
Level 10
Atk 28
Def 32

TP Up 4
Healer 5
Patch Up 1*
Cure 1
Revive 1

* = As far as I can see, I've wasted these skill points. I'll change it when I Rest them later on.

The Plan

Landsknecht
My only plan so far is to go for 2-Hit and Counter.

Ronin
Kind of underwhelmed so far but then I don't know what skills to go for. I'm going down the Ice path with her simply because the instant death skill appealed to me. I've given my Alchemist and Gunner the other two elements.

Alchemist
Fire path... Going for Analyse. Is it possible to master all three elements with her, if not what two should I go for? I'm not including Physical because I hear it's pretty crap.

Gunner
2-Hit and Weakshot (critical up) is what I'm going for, with a secondary focus on lightning element skills.

Medic
Holding back on levelling Cure because it heals enough HP so all levelling it up would do is cost me needless TP. Revive has saved me thousands of en but also takes up all the TP of 5 (almost full) heals. Going for TP Regen and considering Scavenge.

Overall Party Composition
So far I'm considering getting rid of the Ronin when I get the Beasts but then don't Troubadours have a TP regen ability or something to that effect? If so, I'm also very tempted to go for one of them. Lastly, the Hexer/War Magus combination sounds interesting but I don't really want to get rid of anyone apart from possibly the Ronin, as I said.

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:01 pm

For your alchemist the most you can do is dual elemental, which isn't bad if you pick elemental skills for your ronin. The landsknecht is going to be a lot more effective if they can abuse their chaser abilities, and by extension this will make your elemental attack users much more effective. The party you have now looks really solid, with the chance for three people dishing out raw elemental damage if you choose to chase.

Also check out ricochet and one of the risk shots, those are really powerful.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:29 am

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:43 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:19 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:58 pm

I've just unlocked the Beast class. With the armour and weapon I have available for that class, my Beast has almost the same ATK and DEF as my Landsknecht despite the 17 level gap. I'm not sure what skills to go for... There are quite a few healing skills and I'm not sure whether to ignore them since I have a Medic already.

I suppose one general question I should ask it this: What is the maximum amount of skill points you can get? Both if you do the Rest thing to get to level 99 and also if you stay at the "normal" max level? Thanks.

Edit
Oh... Just remembered my other question. Can anyone tell me how much Cure improves with each new skill level? Currently it heals roughly 50hp (it's only level 1 still) and costs 3tp. Cure 2 is also at level 1 and tends to fully heal anyone but costs 9tp. I think that upgrading Cure would be better than using Cure 2 but if levelling it up only makes it heal 5hp more, it's clearly not worth it at and I may as well wait for my TP to catch up with the demands of Cure 2.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:05 am

Lv 99 (optimal rests: 30)
Skill points = 111

Lv+12p
99+12p

Lv 70 (optimal rests: none)
Skill points = 72
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm torn between levelling the Beast because I like the idea of them and their skills are interesting, or levelling my Ronin for pure offensive power. If my Landsknecht, Ronin, Gunner and Alchemist all do their Force skills, I do in excess of 2000 damage (at level 17/18). I don't really need a defensive party member for general enemies and as long as I go into boss fights with all my Force meters filled up, I don't even need it for boss fights.

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”