Advice about level cap and retiring

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
eytanz
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Advice about level cap and retiring

Postby eytanz » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:24 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 am

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but, I THINK the level cap ONLY raises if you have reached level 70, retried, then reached 71, retired, 72, retired, 73... etc.

However, whether it's worth it or not comes with the answer to: How difficult is the post game material.

You haven't played the first game, but let me tell you. The post game material in EOI was HELL ON EARTH - and the level cap remained ONLY at 70, while retiring would only give 3 extra new skill points if you retired at 70 (non-stackable).

So - when you get to the post game, decide for yourself whether it's worth reaching new levels. I don't even know the answer to this yet, but I can imagine it's going to be EOI x10. >_< *Not looking forward to it*

> Oh, and welcome to the forums and the wonderful world that is Etrian Odyssey!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:15 am

I'm almost positive Maxine is right on this one. 70 seems to get thrown around a lot. Also with retiring being more useful in this one can only hope that it won't get to the level of the post game stuff in the first one.

Well at least I hope not, that just got to be too much of a chore at points.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

eytanz
Ragelope

Postby eytanz » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:06 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:46 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

eytanz
Ragelope

Postby eytanz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 am

Just to confirm, as I have now gotten to level 70 - indeed, retiring at an earlier level did not raise my cap. I am now going to retire and see how fast I can get back to level 71 without just exploiting bosses.

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Is it a good idea to only retire one or two members at a time, so the level 70+ members can help them level more quickly, or is the equipment you have by that time good enough to level at the higher floors even at level 1? I'd guess it's probably the first one.

eytanz
Ragelope

Postby eytanz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:10 am

palms
Ragelope

Postby palms » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:33 am

Hold on a sec, if you retire at level 70 the new member will be level 30!? That seems completely unreasonable to me. I've retiered my party once, but that was at level 39. They all went down to 29. How does 70 down to 30 work? That makes no sense.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 am

If you retired at 39, they should've went down to 19 (39 / 2, truncated down).

After level 60, you always retire down to Level 30.

Pre-60 Retire: Level / 2
60+ Retire: Level 30

As for the "optimum" way to do this, use the following:

1x Revenge Hexer (Stardust Staff, 3x Vigor Belts)
1x Troubadour with Divinity + Stamina (Estoc, nothing else)
1x Troubadour with Divinity + Mercury (doesn't matter).
2x Troubadour with Divinity (doesn't matter).

And then go off killing bosses; you gain less EXP than if you had solo'd BUT you'll end up getting all 5 to 99 faster than if you had done each one by themselves.

Chimaera -- 1x Revenge
Hellion -- 2x Revenge OR 1x Stamina -> 1x Revenge
Scylla -- 1x Stamina -> 2x Revenge
Harpuia -- 1x Stamina + 1x Mercury (until level ~55-ish) -> 2x Revenge
Colossus -- 1x Stamina -> 2x Revenge

For getting Hexer HP to 1, just go to Floor 16 (or 17) and use the Damage Tile; 17 is a bit safer as it's less of a distance to walk to reach it. You'll also probably need Amritas since you won't be resting at an Inn but you'll be making ~100,000 En per boss killing trip so ... not a big deal.

Edit: For the purpose of beating the game, I'd Retire ONCE at 70 to get the +5 All Stats / +8 Skill Point bonus and then not worry about it. It's more than enough to beat the game.

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”