Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Zaraf
Fenrir

Etrian Odyssey 2 Maps

Postby Zaraf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:46 am

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:50 am

Hey there. I've already used your maps a few times. Thank you, they're very well done and very easy to use to find all sorts of information. Didn't you also do the skill charts on GameFAQs?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:57 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 am

Ahh thanks :) Yes, I did make those skill trees too. But they are mostly for eye candy, since you don't really NEED them :) hahaha I wanted to make skill trees like that since EO1, but I could never get good character images (with transparencies). When I managed to figure out how to rip these character images out of the Atlus EO2 flash website.

Yeah Maxine, I noticed you were also making maps, but that you were quite far behind. So if you'd like, you are free to host my maps on your site. Also the skill trees if you want too.

Yeah, I was asking for help in making the EO2 maps, because I really didn't have the time to go in and get all the info myself. Mainly cause I'm getting married (9 days left!) :) Scy046 who has been helping people at Gamefaqs offered to help, and his help as been invaluable. I provided him with all the tools (my spreadsheet and methods, etc) and he filled out the maps for me, and now I just compile them all in Photoshop and make them look pretty :) lol

Btw, I noticed that on those EO maps you're making, you got some mouseover type stuff going on. I've also made "maps" in which I had mouseovers for Rune Factory. Unfortunately, the project ended up being too big for me to chew on my own, and the effort really wasn't worth it. Because it was a LOT of effort. So I only ended up finishing 3 of the 8 dungeons, with a 4th one "almost" done. But you can take a look at how I got the mouseovers and such (you can click on the monster machines and move the boxes around, click on the stairs, etc), and if you'd like, I can help you to use this sort of a setup for your EO map pop ups.

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/RuneFa ... ite/1F.htm

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/RuneFa ... ros/1F.htm

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/RuneFa ... ant/1F.htm

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/RuneFa ... ens/1F.htm <- This is the unfinished one, so it's a bit buggy.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 am

O_O OMG !! I LOVE THAT MOUSEOVER STUFF!! *feels totally dominated now!*

I actually, originally, was VERY tempted to e-mail you when I started working on my site to ask your permission to host your maps. However, I doubted that you'd pay a not-yet-existant site much mind, especially when you had no idea of the quality of my work. So, I dropped the idea.

Even now, you saying this, really excites me and I think "EASY WAY OUT!" HOWEVER, I think look at this page: http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... asures.php

My maps are slightly a bit bigger size than yours. Cut out, each 4x4 square comes to 202px while yours comes to 180px. I worry how the resizes would work out - if you'd even allow me cut them out like this.

So a part of me wants to desperately jump on this offer because your maps are more famous AND already done. However, I worry about the other sections of my site that I'm using these maps for. These are going to be used for everything - from FOE paths, etc. Which is also why I might need original pdf files to edit things to mark in the squares of where each FOE travels.

http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etriano ... /sections/ <-- Even if I might not need the 4x4 square, each map is properly divided up.

So, there's my thoughts on the whole matter

Edit: How rude of me. Sometimes I'm all business: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FUTURE MARRIAGE!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:26 am

<3 <3 <3

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 am

I am excited for the win about this.

Zaraf, your Rune Factory maps are AMAZING. Thanks for sharing them.

Yes, yeeeesss... please make more maps!!
I buy lots of strategy guides because I'm addicted to charts and maps >_>; It's from Earthbound, I swear.
My friend gave me his Rune Factory guide, but I'd already finished the game. I think I'll buy the guide for the second if they release it though.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:15 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:21 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:46 am

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 am

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:32 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

61 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”