Need help with 8F boss

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Yuuki227
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help with 8F boss

Postby Yuuki227 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:51 am

I'm on the 8th floor, and can't get past Salamox, the black FOE I have to beat in order to get to F9. My party is all level 45 and consists of a Landsknecht, Ronin, Gunner, Medic and Alchemist. I'm not getting KO'd in one turn anymore, but I'm not exactly making a huge dent in its HP bar either.

Any advice is appreciated :D

Also for the newbie guide, I think you forgot ronin...

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 am

Are you just trying to beat Salamox, or get past him?

If you use Lure Bell or a Beast's ... uh. Growl (?Howl?) ability or get him to chase you -- whatever, basically, if you can get past him you don't have to fight him.

If you're just trying to beat him, then I can't help you since I went around him ^_^;

[spoiler]
Check at the 3rd exclamation point to get the necessary item to end the mission. Once you return the Flame Plume to Town you can proceed to 9F
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Kinokokao on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 am

You don't actually kill salamox, your meant to avoid him. Go around the north, step in the nest once, then go back around the south. He'll come out and follow you. Then you can go into the nest (From the south) grab the feather and warp wire out.

And to let you know, your extremely over-leveled for the rest of the game.

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am

Yup, he is like Gogo in FFV, you don't need to kill him... if only i knew that before killing Gogo it would have avoided me a lot of pain >_>

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 am

Don't feel too bad about overleveling though. You're not the only one who did that.. ^^'
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:30 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

It must have taken you dozen of hours of training against Chimaera o_o

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Yuuki227
Ragelope

Postby Yuuki227 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:48 pm

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”