Favorite and Least Favorite Classes

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Denigrate
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Favorite and Least Favorite Classes

Postby Denigrate » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm

What is your favorite class and why?

What is you least favorite class and why?

I just started playing (most of my main party is lvl 9) but so far I think the Gunner is my favorite because she can dish out nice damage (both physical and elemental) from the safety of the back line, Wildshot is nice (at least in the beginning....), and she has binds and status cures.

I think my least favorite so far is the Troubadour. She just doesn't seem all that helpful. I'm sure they can get to be pretty badass later on, and their party buffs seem like they would be nice when leveled up, but I'll wait till the later levels to really try one out.....
It is possible to provide security against other things, but as far as death is concerned, we men all live in a city without walls.

Yuuki227
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yuuki227 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 pm

My favorite class is probably ronin, because the skills are really good. I maxed Orochi, it's so useful in 3rd stratum! ^_^ Sad thing is, some of the skills take a lot of time to get though.

My least favourite class is probably hexer. I don't really have a use for it.

I would like to have a survivalist and a troubadour, but there's just not enough room...

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Favorite: Hexer

Why? One word. Revenge.

Least Favorite: Protector

Why? Cause you just don't need them anymore.

Although in EO1, Hexer was the worst class, and I didn't like Dark Hunters either. Binds and status effects are MUCH more useful in EO2 though, so the classes that use them = win

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Of the ones I've used I probably think the Gunner is the best. Lots of enemies seem to be weak to guns and he can kill some enemies in one hit that it takes my Landsknecht several hits to kill. That said, the one I just couldn't do without is my Medic.

The one I was least impressed by was the Ronin... Crappy defence and a damage output not really as good as the Gunner's is all I experienced with them. I know that they get the best weapon in the game later on though.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 am

My favorite class is the Landsknecht. Their versatility and ability to make other members of the party shine, while still remaining effective alone, makes it one of the few must have classes for me. Also it has one of my favorite portraits, the guy with blue hair. I really like the alchemist for this reason as well. When together my alchemist and landsknecht just seem to annihilate everything.

My least favorite class is most likely the protector. I just find them weak, excluding their ability to guard against elements. Smite, though damaging, just isn't enough for me. Which is a shame because I like some of their character designs, those being the older looking guy and the "standard" protector with blonde hair.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

enigmaopoeia
Ragelope

Postby enigmaopoeia » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:17 pm

My favorite class has always been the Survivalist. Reason being that I am a fan of agility characters, and Survivalist are the second closest thing to a Thief which is my favorite RPG class of all time. ^^;; Not to mention the Survivalist has awesome skills like Multihit and Apollon which makes them very vital in my party, also that it can deal good damage from the back row! Outside of the Survivalist, I also like the Gunner because they deal awesome damage and versatile, and the Medic because without one -- I probably wouldn't even make it pass the 1F. ^^;;

My least favorite class is the Ronin. I wasn't impressed by them in the first game and still not impressed with them in the second game. I see them as another Landsknecht, but not as expendable as they are. Sorry, Ronins, you just don't do it for me. D= Other classes I dislike are the Hexer because they don't seem to impress me much, and Dark Hunter because I don't get the reasoning for binding monsters and they don't deal as much damage as I would have like.

Everyone else, I'm just on the ropes with.

~ enigmaopoeia @

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm

enigmaopoeia: Thieves are also my favourite RPG class! I was just too much of a coward to try and use Survivalists in EO. Maybe when I'm at a higher level and I can level up new characters much more quickly I'll make one just for fun.

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:13 am

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:23 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:06 pm

AH as you can tell from below I have two survivailist in my party.

The gathering is pretty great, I usually always have the best equipment iavailable in the stores near the start of the stratum. plus I never have money troubles, I have 9000en kicking around I dont need while wearing the best gear. Which is unusual in this game.

They do decent sustained back row damage without skills (though they are no gunners)

One hunter is offensively trained with two shot, true shot, number, poisoner, ect. I find the rate at which these attack inflict status ailments dissapointing. its about 1 in 3 times when mastered.

The other is trained in support with foe sense, patrol, 1st turn, slow step, and all three gathers maxed. I find these useful as well, when you max patrol you take no damage from floor tiles, which gives you more freedom to explore without resting. I have so far found once instance of a hiden passage accessed from a damage tile. (just one so far though) And it would be a burden to check out every damage tile now that salve is expensive otherwise.

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:14 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

I wouldn't say it's comparable ... it's a 480% shot, but since it takes 3 turns to land it's really only 160% damage :(. As for their effects, they're 45% when maxed out, much like most non-Hexer / DH skills.

Personal favorites: Hexer and Dark Hunter; always a fan of Casters and the Hexer models >>> Alchemist ones. Plus, they're far more useful than them. DH is just my personal preference for damage classes (agile ones over slow). Ronin gets a nod and Gunner for being totally awesome portraits.

Least favorite: Survivalist, Alchemist, and Beast, the three arguably worst classes in the game. Low damage on them all, Beasts are extremely fragile and pretty much require a specific group to really shine, and Alchemists are just flat out terrible since they "cap out" at about the damage of a 4th Stratum geared character. Survivalists just don't provide enough meaningful utility to offset their low damage :(

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:23 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

38 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”