Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:49 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm kinda disappointed with the War Magus. The sword skills are useless if you don't have a Hexer. What's left is a weak attacker and not as good a healer as the Medic.

The Dark Hunter and Gunner do very nice damage, but their binds rarely succeed. This makes the DH less effective against bosses than more damage focused classes like the Landsknecht.

The Survivalist and Troubadour seem to be weaker in EO2 than before, both in attack and defense.

Beasts make great harvesting parties. Just one can do as much as several from other classes, so you only need one or two in addition to some of your regular party.

I found low accuracy troublesome, especially for the Gunner.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:56 am

Kaining
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaining » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:46 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:46 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Yeah; Riot Gun, Dominate, and Painless are all pretty broken to be honest >>.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:19 pm

clockworkspider
Ragelope

Postby clockworkspider » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:48 pm

"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."
~Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Zeronin
Ragelope

Postby Zeronin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 am

This hasn't been touched in a year? Time to change that.

All right, here is my favorite to least favorite classes (so far, anyway), with a quick 1 to 5 star rating and an explanation as to why. And yes, this is built off my own personal experience thus far. Consider it more of what I've observed so far.

1. Ronin (*****)
They hit freakishly hard and fast, possess elemental strikes and useful combat skills, and shore up for bad defense with skills like Clarity (useful when you're working with Lv. 1 Revive). Issen isn't bad either. In other words, they kick tail in a serious manner.

2. Alchemist (*****)
I prefer to use my alchemist on the frontline (Guts Wrist helps with def). That way you have an easier time building up your Force gauge and aren't always relying on Alchemy (and thus burning up TP) to do damage. And let's be honest... Eschaton eats almost everything for breakfast [spoiler](Good-bye Mr. Chimera)[/spoiler]

3. Dark Hunter (****)
I like these guys. Personally, I've been focusing on the whip side of the skill tree. Stuff like Climax and Ecstacy are nice, the latter working well with Dominate in theory. And a maxed out Viper skill can ruin otherwise hearty walls (given they're not hugely resistant to it).

4. Survivalist (****)
Yay agility. Ambush and sagacity are nice too, and being able to raise evasion and speed are just great. Being able to bypass damage altogether because they can't hit is wonderful. I hope 1st Turn and Slowstep (?) turn out to be useful too...

5. Beast (****)
They have equipment issues, but other than that are pretty solid. They get hit hard enough, can cure themselves and play defensively, and their force skill heals everyone. Maybe they're a little too good...

6. Medic (****)
Give me these over a War Magus, which I'll explain (much) later. They possess much better support options, such as HP and TP regeneration, and even with level 1 Cure can heal adequately while saving TP (I've found using Cure 2 is better for when you need that extra boost in a tight spot).

7. Hexer (****)
I will admit that they can't do much outside of their hexes, but these can be really helpful. The reason they're so low on my list is simply because you have to use your TP wisely with them. Sill good though; having a mastered Blind skill has been amazing (making my Clarity Ronin even harder to hit).

8. Protector (***)
Don't use them too much right now, but I still like 'em. Lots of defense with Provoke, HP Regen, and shield skills makes them a nice enough wall, eh?

9. Gunner (***)
Another class I haven't had too much experience with, but still looks useable if I wanted to.

10. Landskhnect (***)
Balanced... but I think I'd want something more specialized. I mean, they have different skills that can serve different support functions, but...

11. Troubadour (***)
I haven't used these too much either, but for now, their cool support moves are what keeps them off the bottom.

12. War Magus (**)
In my opinion, can do a lot but does none of it that well. Its cut moves rely on status condition support, the healing support is obviously not as powerful (which doesn't necessarily mean it's not sufficient) as a medic's, and overall... it looks a bit whatever.

All right, there's what I have to say.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 am

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

I like Hexers the most. Evil Eye + Betrayal/Suicide = my best friend.

In second place is medics, because CPR is amazing.

I hate Landsknecthts. Just, Blah. Ronin is a lot more useful for me.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

38 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”