Dreaming of the final floor SPOILERS ABOUND

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dreaming of the final floor SPOILERS ABOUND

Postby Seniwac » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:31 am

I'm planning to defeat the Ur-Child, final boss of EO2.

Party setups?

Level?

My party is the cookie cutter Ronin, D.Hunter, W.Magus, Hexer, and Gunner.

Ronin: I have Midraeba, Orochi, Kienzan, STR UP, HP UP, TP UP, and Clarity maxed. Should I retire and ditch Orochi/Kienzan for Shiraha? Oh, and Overhead is maxed.

D.Hunter: Gag+Cuffs, Ecstasy, Climax, STR UP, HP UP, TP UP, and Whips maxed. Any suggestions? Retire to get Antisick/Antibind? More stats?

W.Magus: W.Edge+Lore maxed, as well as Cursecut, Transfer, Warmight, Salve 2 STR Up, HP Up and TP Up. Cure 2 is at 5. Should I retire and ditch Salve for something like Cure 3? I really have no idea of what to go with this.

Hexer: Very Cookie Cutter. HP UP, TP UP, LUC UP, Dampen, Revenge, Corrupt, Torpor, Scavenge, and Curses maxed. TEC is at 5 to get Dampen/Scavenge.

Gunner: Again, very cookie cutter. HP UP, TP UP, STR UP, Guns, Ricochet, Snipe, 2-hit maxed. 1 point in the elemental shots and Haltshot, and 3 in TEC up.

My Party is level 67-69, and my max level is 71. Should I retire at 71, head up to 72 and fight Ur-Child?

Or should I go for 99?

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

You can do fine at that level but I would suggest you to go fight at level 73. Your level is not an issue, it is your party.

Ronin should go for Shiraha just in case, even binding all of Ur-Child's damaging skills, she has some tricks up her sleeve. You SHOULD bind her Arms first, because that's where most of her annoying skills draw from. Then get rid of the Head, then finally Legs. Binding them all means your D.Hunter can deal some serious damage to replace the severe lack of Baiting, as well as the lack of Chaser spam. Hexer can't really do a whole lot in this situation apart from Dampen to synergize with the rest of your party.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:27 am

Here is a simple setup that can work:

Gunner
Dark Hunter
War Magus
Hexer
Hexer

Have the Gunner use Riot Gun on the boss to stun. Dark Hunter can then use Dominate to fully bind. Both Hexers just keep revenging. Use the War Magus (and either Gunner or Dark Hunter) to use Axcela II on the Gunner and Dark Hunter to get their Force maxed again. Try to keep the boss in perma-stun with Riot Gun if you can, but also rebind it when it starts getting loose. Should be an easy win :)

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:43 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 am

Yeah it really isn't that fun if you cheese it out by stunlocking it >_>;;

But seriously though, going Landsknecht w/ Chaser spam is a beautiful sight, same with Dark Hunter Baiting
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:00 am

The "trick" to keep in mind here is that Ur-Child has a set rotation of attacks; he has a CHANCE of breaking this (3% a turn, I believe) but, for the most part, he'll stick to his guns and follow it. This, however, only applies during the day. At Night, he kind of does whatever-the-hell he feels like and will probably horribly destroy you many, many times.

Turn 1: Sacrifice; Damage to Target and Adjacent and Debuffs ATK (Physical)
Turn 2: Hymn; Damage to certain classes (Landsknecht, Protector, Dark Hunter, Beast, Ronin)
Turn 3: Boast; Damage to All (Physical). Chance of applying Sleep, Curse, or Confusion.
Turn 4: Obey; Damage to Target + Adjacent, applies Fire-element to those hit (Physical)
Turn 5: Boast; Damage to All (Physical). Chance of applying Sleep, Curse, or Confusion.
Turn 6: Rest; Heals self for 210. Yes, 210.
Turn 7: Solitude; Damage based on amount of people alive / present (Physical).
Turn 8: Anger; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target. 3-7 times (Fire). Chance of applying Sleep.
Turn 9: Sadness; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target, 3-7 times (Ice). Chance of applying Terror.
Turn 10: Mercy; Damage and chance of All Binds to one target, 3-7 times (Volt). Chance of applying Blind.
Turn 11: Wildance; chance to inflict Instant Death, Petrify, Paralysis, Confusion, Curse, or Poison.
Turn 12: Rest; Heals self for 210.
Turn 13: Begone; Non-Elemental Damage to all-targets (~10000; hit my Protector for 7500 when the rest of his attacks did 600-ish). Survivors are then Head/Arm bound. If Provoked / Baitstepped / Preened / Doze Off'd (oddly) change the attack to End-Wind, a single-target version of Begone.

Afterwards, he merely repeats the loop, though Hymn switches to Ranged version and then Caster. Also, Boast is replaced with Hatred, which is higher damage and buff removal, if you have too many buffs going.

As for damage types, Sacrifice, Boast and Obey are Bash, the Hymns and Dirge are Stab (and with the exception of the first Hymn, they're also Volt), Solitude is Stab and Hatred is Cut. Begone is non-elemental and Anger/Sadness/Mercy types are listed above.

However, a lot of that is pretty ... well, irrelevant. You have no Protector so pretty much ANY of those attacks is "ohi, death," so you're more interested in Binding him to seal off his attack options. I highly, highly, highly suggest you use Riot Gun -> Dominate for the first turn; yes, it's "cheap," but, quite frankly, you'll want it. That or you can sacrifice some people to Sacrifice (...that was totally not intentional) on the first turn.

So, in regards to Binding:

Turn 1: Arm
Turn 2: Leg
Turn 3: Arm
Turn 4: Leg
Turn 5: Arm
Turn 6: ---
Turn 7: Leg
Turn 8: Head
Turn 9: Head
Turn 10: Head
Turn 11: Arm
Turn 12: ---
Turn 13: ---

That is, Turn 6 and 12 (Rest) will happen no matter what and Turn 13 is your deadline with the cookie-cutter group (or you Stun him with Riot Gun there). Your goal is to deal 25,000 damage in those 13 turns, reapplying Dominate whenever you see a Bind fall that controls an attack THAT round (which may warrant using Riot Gun so it lands before you die) or a Bind falls that would stop the next turn attack.

My best advice, if you're sticking to the cookie-cutter group, which can beat him since that's the group I beat him with, is to Riot Gun -> Dominate on the first turn with a Dampen. After that, unload as much damage as you can while the WM Axcela II's the DH back to Dominate so you can have it up if Arm or Leg falls during Turns 1-5. Use Turn 6 as a freebie round for Dominate or whatever and then repeat the process. With good enough damage output, you should be able to win by Turn 6-7 (ie, averaging about 4000 damage a round).

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 am

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 am

Orochi / Kienzan aren't that great really; mainly served as a way to deal with Physical resistant trash encounters (or just 4-5 enemy encounters and I was too lazy to even sit through auto-battle until they died). Shiraha's 30% Chance to take no damage stacks with Clarity, though I'm not really sure HOW they stack (ie, additive or both modify each other or two separate checks).

No EXP and as for the story bit...

[spoiler]Not really; I mean, there's the bit you get when you first enter the 6th Stratum about him but not much is expanded on.

Even more Spoilers! I wonder if I can spoiler tag a spoiler tag... Some of the early details are a bit fuzzy since it's A) Been awhile and B) I guess I skimmed the text a bit more than I thought I did.

The main deal is that Ur-Child created the Labyrinth and is the "God" that the Winged People revere so much. He, however, has apparently decided they don't matter anymore and is now sending down monsters to wipe everything out, including the Winged People and Lagaard. You've shown Canaan that, "If it's meant to happen it'll happen," isn't really true and he helps you fight against Ur-Child and ... that's really it for the 6th Stratum story.

Once actually meeting him, all you really get is some stuff about him being the End-Bringer and far more powerful than anything you've ever faced. And then the fight because he's humping the door for some obscure reason despite having this large room to himself.

Yeah.[/spoiler]

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:15 am

Yeah, Ur-Child is pretty annoying without a Protector. She was the first fight in the entirety of EO2 that made me use a Protector.

No joke. Most strategies to effectively kill Ur-Child all require Protectors for them to be pulled off successfully, so.

(Yeah, it is possible to defeat Ur-Child with only 2 members, but that requires a DH and a Protector, basically, it involves Bait/Magibait spam, and using Painless in order to not get obliterated by Begone. You'll also need specific equipment and a crapload of items)

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 pm

how many axcela 2s do I need?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:28 pm

If you're doing the DH/Gunner route, probably only like 4. Even that's not really needed as you can just use 6 Axcelas.

I find it ironic that I copy pasted my advice in here to a GameFAQs topic and now I'm copy pasting the rest of the advice from there to here. Go figure.

My tactic was:

Turn 1:
Ronin - Midareba
WM - War Might (Ronin)
DH - Dominate
Gunner - Riot Gun
Hexer (999 HP with 1 HP remaining) - Revenge

~3500 damage

Turn 2:
Ronin - Midareba
WM - Axcela DH
DH - Axcela DH
Gunner - Ricochet
Hexer - Revenge

~4200-4400 damage

Repeat for Turn 3, except the second Axcela went to the Gunner and then 2x Axcela for the Gunner on Turn 4. I reapplied Dominate on Turn 4 since Arm had fallen but Leg was still up, and I needed that Arm bind for Turn 5 (turn 4 is Leg and already sealed). Killed him on the Rest phase so the Gunner's Riot Gun wasn't really necessary. You can, alternatively, work on filling Riot Gun first since the Stun is a guaranteed free turn, though the following turn you won't have Binds ready unless there's a Bind up covering the attack coming.

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 pm

what level were you?

and should i ditch my hexer's hex chain for another life belt?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:51 pm

23 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”