It seems my old EO1 party isn't that good in EO2 -- help?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Rune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It seems my old EO1 party isn't that good in EO2 -- help?

Postby Rune » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:34 am

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Rune

Postby Rune » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 am

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:18 am

Actually, I'd argue Combat Medics are better now; they have better weapons and are on an even ground with all classes as far as STR since everyone can reach 99 STR with proper Skills / Equip. Caduceus went from a 220% Damage attack to 420% in this game which far outweighs any other "losses" they may have accrued. It even fires off faster now, though it did lose nearly 30% chance to stun (75% down to 46%).

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:01 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

PapillonReel
Ragelope

Postby PapillonReel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 am

Combat Medics sound pretty powerful, but I don't know if I could trade any of my current Medic's skills in for it. Along with the requisite Cure/Salve 3 and Revive*, CPR has helped by team come back from the brink of anihilation and the two AoE status heals are great against status-spamming bosses. There's almost too much for them to do! :?

*Which also got a great boost in power.

Anyway, on topic, I'd say it depends on who you replace them with. Ideally you'll want to have three in the front and two in the back, so I'd advocate trading in either the Landsknecht for a War Magus, since you've already got great damage potential in your Gunner and Alchemist, access to status effects with the Dark Hunter and a decent meatshield with your Protector, rounding out your group nicely.
Last edited by PapillonReel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 am

If you can pull off a combat medic with keeping the overall party effectiveness up go for it I guess, but if your like me and really don't have a place to fit one it might be best to overlook it.

Rune

Postby Rune » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:42 pm

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”