My Miracle 15th Floor Boss Battle

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
palms
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Miracle 15th Floor Boss Battle

Postby palms » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:57 am

So, I confronted Scylla for the first time today, and she was beating me mercilessly, over and over. I admit though, Lady Luck smiled upon me during one of my battles, and here's how it went down. Scylla never used that "cry" move, she only used binds and status ailments. These were quickly removed by my medic. Lo and behold, on the 5th turn, Evil Eye was sucessful and Scylla was terrified, and left totally open to attack. My hexer used suicide, and the rest of my party attacked. Scylla was terrified for 5 turns in a row. 5!!! Enough time for the party to have her in the red zone. Scylla attacked my hexer, my hexer died, my medic revived her, and then appolon fell, and Scylla died. No one lost health, save my hexer. Full health. No joke. About half of party's TP was depleted. Party layout: lvl 47 P, lvl 47 S, lvl 46 G, lvl 44 H, lvl47 M. I must say, I am quite proud of myself. :D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:33 am

XD Great job! That is a miracle battle! I'm never that lucky. Every time I go up against her, I want to scream. I swear -_-; sometimes I feel she's harder than the boss after her.

[] - [] - [] - []

palms
Ragelope

Postby palms » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:38 am

Yeah, Primevil was that way with me. After dying for the 15th time in a row, I lost the willpower to play and put the game down for the day. And then picked it up the next day, and the cycle continued.

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:42 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:52 am

Plus, Scylla resists Physical heavily ON TOP of having good DEF; Harpuia has a lower DEF, partial resists Cut / Bash, and is weak to Stab.

Incidentally, Scylla is weak to Volt, not Fire. Now that I think about it, not counting

Floor 23 Spoiler:
[spoiler]Colossus' [/spoiler]

weak-to-all Elements, no boss in the game is weak to just Fire >>.

*Editted by Admin*

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 am

Yes, Scylla is much harder than Harpuia.

And lucky you beating Scylla miraculously :)

I once got lucky with

Floor 23 spoiler
[spoiler]Colossus.[/spoiler]

Got it all the way into the red before my last fighter went down. Never got close to that again :?

(should there be spoiler tags on that?)

*Editted by Admin*
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:51 am

Yes, since the topic name says "Floor 15", anything past that is spoilerish and should be marked.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 am

Ah, thanks for clarifying :)
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 am

N/P

I posted a topic about this so hopefully it will help everyone out ^_^;

:3 I'd hate for Kino to start yelling at you guys and taking a switch to you ~_^

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 am

Aahh! Not the switch! :shock: :o
Kimiko

Madanial
Ragelope

Postby Madanial » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:42 am

11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”