Bindings & DH Questions

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
INCyr
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bindings & DH Questions

Postby INCyr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Okay, so I have a DH as one of my main characters, but I have a feeling I'm using her "wrong." (Yes, I know, there's not necessarily a "right" way to use characters, but just go with me on this.)

She's in her low 20's, and has maxed out Whips/Viper, with a bunch of points in TP up and just starting in on Climax. My question is - why would I want to give her points in any of the binding skills? What good does binding legs/hands/head do me, other than allowing me to use ecstasy?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Binding Head - Seals Head Skills, lowers Accuracy.
Binding Arm - Seals Arm Skills, lowers Damage.
Binding Leg - Seals Leg Skills, lowers Evasion.

All seem to be about a 50% reduction. As for the Head/Arm/Leg skills, there's no list of what each attack in the game is but, for the most part, Arm and Head have the majority of attacks. Really, most abilities are fairly obvious (ie, Tail is a Leg move, for example). Also, Gag/Bind/Shackles do more damage than Viper (220% vs 200%) on their own.

Worth noting, however, that the Chance of Binding an FoE/Boss is REALLY low; the base chance is 65% but an FoE can drop it to <30% usually and most Bosses can drop it to the single digits. Really, the only reliable way to Bind is through the DH's Force Skill which will Bind all three 100% of the time.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 pm

*mutters* ... I focused on only Viper and Climax 'cause I didn't know that the binds DID DAMAGE and not just MAYBE worked. ... I didn't discover this until level 60.

But then I dunno if my opinion would be any better since I LOVE the chance of poisoning over the others. Still, I think if I keep him for post game material, and when I retire my party, I'll put a few points towards those other things.

[] - [] - [] - []

INCyr
Ragelope

Postby INCyr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:25 pm

I have to admit, I don't regret focusing on Viper (and now Climax), I'm just trying to think ahead re: skills for my DH.

Really, I focused on Viper because I knew that there was
[spoiler]the 30k bonus if you beat Chimera while it was poisoned[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Poisoning has saved my butt on more than one occassion in this game. -_-; BAH!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 pm

If you want to get Chimaera's conditional drop, just [spoiler]stock up on Poison Gas and have everyone throw that until it's poisoned, then finish it off. The 30k item more than makes up for the items you throw or don't use/resell.[/spoiler]

As for the DH's binds, I find them next to useless. Most regular fights are over within two rounds, so they're useless there. They would be useful in longer boss or FOE fights, but then they just never work. This turns the DH into just another damage dealer, but without any extras over other classes.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm

INCyr
Ragelope

Postby INCyr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:59 pm

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”