Strength & Gunners

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Denigrate
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strength & Gunners

Postby Denigrate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 pm

It is possible to provide security against other things, but as far as death is concerned, we men all live in a city without walls.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:57 pm

STR is the Damage stat for all attacks barring Alchemist spells (TEC) and Revenge (MaxHP - CurrentHP).

AGI is the Accuracy stat for all STR-based attacks and TEC is used for Alchemist spells (and Revenge); TEC also has a small effect on STR-based accuracy though not the same amount as AGI. LUC is the "Accuracy" stat for all Status effects (ie, Chance-to-Bind for DHs, all the Hexer Status Effects, etc.).

Hexer Debuffs--that is, Sapping, Frailty, Leaden, and Dampen--have "no" Accuracy due to always landing.

Denigrate
Ragelope

Postby Denigrate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 pm

So when I use a sword skill with my Ronin, the damage done is increased by STR more than TEC?

And the TEC affects whether I miss with the skill or not?
It is possible to provide security against other things, but as far as death is concerned, we men all live in a city without walls.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:12 pm

TEC does nothing for Ronin damage; all their skills are STR based. This applies to all skills for all classes that use STR. Only the Alchemist spells use TEC for Damage (and, well, Healing spells use TEC too).

And TEC will have an effect on Accuracy but AGI is more effective (I think 4 TEC ~= 1 AGI) for Accuracy.

Denigrate
Ragelope

Postby Denigrate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:16 pm

So unless we're talking about an Alchemist or possibly a Medic.....I should just ignore leveling up TEC on all my other characters, right?

Wait...that's not right.... TEC helps skills be more effective, just not skills that cause damage right? Like my Protector's Provoke or Fortify skills would be more effective with a higher TEC? But Smite wouldn't do any more damage with a higher TEC?

Even though Smite is a skill and TEC increases the effectiveness of skills, Smite is a melee attack so STR would determine how much damage it does and TEC wouldn't really affect it. Am I right or am I even more confused now? lol

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:36 pm

More confused. STR and TEC are just Damage things. Provoke, Fortify, and every other non-damaging Skill in the game is unaffected by TEC (and STR).

The ONLY thing TEC works on is Alchemist Spell Damage, Healing Spells, Spell Accuracy, and General Accuracy (though AGI is more effective). It is also the Magic DEF stat whilst VIT is the Physical DEF stat.

Really, you can ignore TEC on everyone but Alchemists and maybe Healers. It's not a huge deal for Heal spells so not really worth it there either.

Edit: .

What all the Skills do in neat little numbers (and the ones done by Terence even describe the skills, something I probably should've done I guess).

Denigrate
Ragelope

Postby Denigrate » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Ok I think I've got it now. Thanks! :)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:11 pm

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”