Party help?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
INCyr
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Party help?

Postby INCyr » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:06 pm

I've got a fairly good party going, but I'm not really sure how to allocate my skills.

My party is level 32 and I'm done mapping floor 11 - I haven't stepped foot on 12 yet. I've retired them all once and brought them back, so I have the level 30 retirement bonuses. I just retired (37->32) to fix some skill points, but I need some advice on what to do with most of them.

My party:

Front:
Celes - Protector
Shields - 10/10
Smite - 5/5
Points left - 23
Thoughts: HP Up, 1 Guard, Antifire/ice/volt
I had provoke up for a while, but it seems like in most cases either I'm just slaughtering the bad guys, or they're using special attacks where provoke doesn't actually help.

Mara - Dark Hunter
Whips - 10/10
Climax - 10/10
Points left - 18
Thoughts - TP Up, Str Up, Swords->Baits, Racket
I'm not sure how useful the bait skills are, otherwise I would just go for those and max them out. Racket would be a nice compliment to haltshot, and tp/str up would give me more damage. I had Viper on her for a long while, I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

Back:
Locke - Survivalist
Bows - 10/10
Patrol - 5/5
Chop - 5/5
Take - 5/5
Mine - 5/5
Points left - 8
Thoughts - I've really no clue what to do with him. I might just go for 2-bolt or trueshot, but I haven't been entirely impressed with those in the past. I guess Str Up for more damage?

Verdandi - Medic
Healer - 10/10
Patch Up - 10/10
Scavange - 5/5
Cure 2 - 4/10
Salve 2 - 1/10
Revive - 1/10
Points left - 7
Thoughts - the question here is to go for Phoenix, or CPR?

Samus - Gunner
Tec Up - 1/10
Guns - 10/10
Fireshot - 1/10
Iceshot - 1/10
Voltshot - 1/10
Ricochet - 5/5
Medishot - 5/5
Haltshot - 5/5
Points left - 9
Thoughts - I had wildshot, but it doesn't seem to be worth it (large groups of enemies usually just means more steamrolling with basic attacks, and large enemies mean ricochet instead.) It doesn't seem worth it to get fire/ice/voltshot up much more and Snipe is another that seems only worth it to put in 1 point (125% vs. 150% damage). I'm not a fan of risk shot at all, and stun shot... *shrug* I guess that leaves 2-hit, weakshot & str up?

Any suggestions?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 pm

First and foremost, I pretty much suggest HP Up, TP Up, and STR Up (except for the Medic, unless you go Combat on them) for everyone.

Protector: I'd suggest F. Guard over 1. Guard and the Antis; there's very few FoE / Bosses that you'll need Antis for during the story (off-hand, I can think of one and he's unpredictable) from where you're at so they're more-or-less a waste now. Provoke works on any single target attack ... just not on the turn applied since targeting is done at the start of a turn and they can't switch mid-turn. Riskwall is nice as is a single point in En Garde.

Suggestion: 10 F. Guard, 1 En Garde, 10 HP Up. 2 for TP Up or starting on Provoke / Riskwall.

DH: Gag OR Cuffs for your Damage Skill; Bait/Magibait are nice (they're the strongest skills in the game if used properly) but, again, it's more of an end-game sort of thing. Gag/Cuffs, Ecstacy (if you plan to get the Dominator* Whip in the 4th Stratum to abuse Force Skill: Dominate) and then working towards their Antiskills.

Suggestion: 10 Gag OR Cuffs, 5 STR Up, 3 Ecstacy. Fill up Ecstacy and then max STR Up -> HP Up -> TP Up.

Survivalist: To be honest, I'd suggest dropping this and just using a Survivalist group for Gathering; a Ronin is a fine replacement (better Damage, better Survivability with Clarity or Shiraha [or both!]). If you want to keep the Survivalist, 2-Hit beats out Trueshot for damage and Apollon is a must have.

Ronin Suggestion: 10 Overhead -> 5 Dead Law (and 1 STR Up) -> 10 Midareba. STR Up and then Clarity. After that, HP Up or work towards Shiraha.

Survivalist Suggestion: I'd seriously suggest dropping the Gathering Skills in favor of 10 Stalker, 10 Apollon, 3 2-Hit. Arguably, Patrol should be dropped too but I guess there's some use in the 4th Stratum for it. I never really found Damage Tiles to be annoying enough to warrant Points on Patrol.

Medic: Quite frankly, I've always found Phoenix fairly useless. That said, a single Point is effective enough really. CPR is a nice Buff though how useful it is depends on how often you see your group dying. I'd prioritize TP Up personally unless you have no trouble what-so-ever on TP.

Alternatively, you can go Combat Medic (STR Up, VIT Up, and Caduceus).

Suggestion: *shrugs* I always used a War Magus.

Gunner: I definitely suggest STR Up; Weakshot is nice and 2-Hit is decent in theory but STR Up is more reliable Damage. TP Up should follow and then HP Up most likely. Weakshot and 2-Hit can be used for leftover points (of which there will be plenty, really) if you want.

Suggestion: 9 STR Up. Arguably, you can drop 4 points from Haltshot as you don't really need all the points in it.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm

For the Survivalist I'd suggest 2-Bolt and STR. I've never used Apollon (only useful in long boss battles, as anything else is over before it lands). I also found the skills that avoid/increase surprise attacks for enemies/yourself respectively useful. Occasionally, the skill that avoids fights could be useful if you're not looking for experience or items. Sorry, the skill names escape me atm.
For the Medic, TP, TEC, and more of the Cure/Salve skill series. I never used CPR or Phoenix.
For the Gunner, more STR, TEC, and the elemental shots. I never used Halt- or Wildshots.
HP and other basic stats are good for everyone of course.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”