Tips on defeating F27 Boss - Spoilers

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Tips on defeating F27 Boss - Spoilers

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 am

*sigh* seriously. I've tried at least four times today and wasted magic and lots of items on trying to get him down. :\ My question basically comes down to if I shouldn't just throw up my hands and start leveling up my damn Ronin and trying to take him out like that! I dunno why I'm having such issues. Maybe 'cause I haven't played the game in a week or so.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tips on defeating Golem

Postby Paranoia » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 am

If you meant that you were going to use your ronin as the OHKO-er; Don't, use a DH with climax when the golem hits 55% HP instant death, where as kubuchi is a chance skill.

Anyway, show your party skill sets and then we'll see what you can do.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 am

Haha, my skill sets probably suck as does my climax. I'll post them later, though :3

Climax is better than the Ronin, though? That's interesting. I didn't even try using Climax not even thinking of it....

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:26 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:15 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:18 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:36 am

[] - [] - [] - []

TeslaNewton
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TeslaNewton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Huh, I had no problem with Golem the 2 (or 3?) times I fought him. Yeah, a Dark Hunter with maxed Climax works wonders. I still haven't saved after beating him, so I'll be doing another go round. I always forget to farm for Dominate. Anyway, I usually spam Midareba, Megido, and Ricochet with a Caduceus thrown in until I can throw Climax. Dead! With a few nifty items to boot!
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:13 pm

... I get bored trying to farm for the focus meter... I've gotten through the whole game without actually having "used" those skills. Not the most savvy, I know, but it's like "oh yay... it's up to 15%... in another 30 mins I'll finally be ready to take on a boss.... who if I don't defeat will give me a game over so I have to farm for points AGAIN!" ....

[] - [] - [] - []

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:58 pm

Oh, the only reason I use Dominate is because I have the Dominator whip. :) A few battles and BAM! Onyx's force is maxed! I rarely use the other four force meters unless I've been exploring for a very long time without going back to town or I force farm, like I did for my third battle against Overlord. His second form was nasty, so I wanted to use Issen, Eschaton, and Riot Gun on him. I used Dominate and Ecstasy on his first form. I used Healing Touch if anyone died.
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 pm

^_^; Ok *phew* that's what I do, then. I always worry that someone's going to be like "OMG, you don't do use your force bar... what kind of fuggin' sloppy player are you?" ... which I know is prolly true.... :3

Dominator whip? I don't think I have that one? Is there some difference with it?

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:31 pm

I rarely used any Force skills either. It's never full when you need it, and even if it is it's only one use.

The Dominator Whip helps increase the Force meter more than regular whips. It's crazy expensive though. By the time you have the en to buy it, you'll have leveled up enough to take on that boss anyway.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:41 pm

I boss farmed for the en by training lowbies. I didn't mind if some of my usual guys got leveled up. Besides, if it made the game too easy, I could always rest and lose 5 levels. My main team is level 68/69. I want to retire once I hit 70 for the 10/10 boost. Then I'll boss farm for experience.

17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”