My Party 2.0

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

My Party 2.0

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 am

So after much consideration I've arranged a new party!

Ronin, Protector
Survivalist, Medic, Gunner

I figure this will give me a good party for both exploration and FOE/Boss battles. I've been pouring over the percentages trying to plan what skills to go for, but I'm torn on a few issues.

Ronin:
I've been training her in Iai skills with Ice, which at stratum 3 is hilarious -_-; I'm sticking with it,though, since later floors will be different. I still find Kibuichi useful, especially since it maxes out at a healthy 56%.
But, seriously, what improves that ? Luck? Tec? I read the existing thread but it talked only about Hexer skills.

Protector:
Is Riskwall any good?
HP----------LV.1---LV.2---LV.3---LV.4---LV.5---
99%-76%-----------------2%-----4%-----6%-----8%---
75%-51%------4%-------6%-----8%----10%----12%---
50%-26%-----10%-----12%----14%----16%----18%---
25%-11%-----14%-----16%----18%----20%----22%---
10%-0-------20%-------22%----24%----26%----28%---

I mean, that looks pretty decent. I like Passive Skills for my Protector. His main purpose is to stay alive so my medic can focus on healing my Ronin. >_>; Although Smite is always terribly useful. He's very solid and dependable and I like that.

Gunner:
So I was using 2-shot and Weak-shot, but that 30-odd percent isn't all that useful. I'm just not sure what else really I'd fine useful.
I'm thinking of either Armshot or Stunshot, but how suspectible are FOEs and Bosses, really? that 45% and 77% chance for level5 looks great on paper, but how useful is that in the field?

Medic:
I can't make heads or tails about what's the best combination of Cures and Salves. Right now I have Cure lv1 and Cure2 with Revive. I haven't really found Salve that useful for the TP cost.

Survivalist:
Ambush/Aware, Apollon and... ? Maybe Poisoner or 2 shot/True Shot.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:09 am

Ronin: LUC is used for any-and-all Status Effects; TEC is just Alchemist Spell Damage Calculations (and, well, Healing spells). It is pretty much useless outside of normal enemies to be honest, however.

Protector: There's really nothing bad with Riskwall; it is only 5 points for an extra 8% Damage Mitigation at full HP (Shields is 11% for 10).

Gunner: Stunshot has a decent chance of landing but due to their low AGI, low turn-order Multiplier on Guns, and a low SPD Modifier on Stunshot (111%) ... it'll tend to land AFTER everything has acted so it has little-to-no use. That and Stun resist will knock it down to about ~30% on most FoEs and even worse for Bosses. Honestly, it doesn't matter have a single point in the Elements, Medishot, and Ricochet so you can get whatever.

Medic: Honestly, Salve II is enough to handle any encounter for Healing so you don't really need Salve III; Cure II, likewise, is probably enough as well.

Survivalist: 2-Hit is superior to Trueshot for raw damage though you do have to hope both shots land I guess.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:20 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:35 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Keep in mind that the LUC is for the base Rate; I'm not sure on the actual formula but Ronin LUC is downright TERRIBLE (worst in the game) and they'll easily have half the LUC of the stratum they're on. Resists are still applied after that; for example, Hellion requires 33 LUC or greater ... but he has a 95% resist anyway so you're down to 2% (below 33 LUC is 1%). To give you an idea of what this means, Ronin at Level 70 has 30 LUC and 48 at 99 ... so even a 70 Ronin doesn't have the LUC for best chance versus Hellion.

I'm a fan of Shiraha; it also stacks with Clarity (two different checks of avoidance, not one combined check). That said, it requires a LOT of Retiring to get both and some of the other trees in. I'd grab Clarity first since it has the easier requirements and worry about Shiraha later ... even if Shiraha is the better skill of the two. Though, if you get LUC Up anyway for Kubiuchi (personally, I'd go against that just due to it not being enough to offset their low, low LUC) then that changes things a bit.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Well I have Fate Beads which is 20+ to LUC, so my level 35 Ronin has LUC around 38 I want to say (with Luc Up lv 5 I think).

But that breakdown of the numbers is startling. I don't like the Overhead route just since it's so... typical? I dunno, Dead Law looks worthless to me even though it leads to Midreba which is obviously the strongest attack for the Ronin. I'm thinking of resting or waiting all the way until retiring at level 70 to change things around.

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”