Basic Weapon (And Spell) Skills

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Rodger
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Basic Weapon (And Spell) Skills

Postby Rodger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I've been looking over skills a lot lately and while looking over the basic weapon skills (ie. Landsknecht's sword/axe skills) I was wondering...are they even worth maxing?

Each point you put into them seems to only get you a 1% damage boost. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the only reason to put points in these skills (including the Alchemist's Fire Up, etc) is for meeting requirements for other skills. Am I missing something, or is there no point maxing these skills unless you need 10 points in them to unlock another skill?

Texas Jedi
Ragelope

Postby Texas Jedi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

I usually try to do 5 in sword and axe to unlock 2-Hit. I usually just LT my way thru battles and having a Landsknect's 2-Hit go off is one way to finish a battle quicker. That is usually the way I play though. In big boss fights and FOE fights I usually use Brawn (axe skill).

I then usually just equipt the L with the strongest axe I can find then max out axe.
nothing to see here move along.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:41 am

I can't say. I don't have this problem as I just don't like Landsknechts so I don't raise them. Classes like Gunners fall under the prerequisite category so once again I don't experience it. They sound like a nice place for extra points after you have all of your spam skills. My other characters are supporters or classes who rely on status effects so I don't have much choice.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:54 am

They are merely +1% Damage per point. No Accuracy bonus or anything else.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”