TEC Up: 1/10
Guns: 10/10
Fireshot: 1/10
Iceshot: 1/10
Voltshot: 1/10
Ricochet: 5/5
Medishot: 5/5

54 / 72 Points.

Ricochet is the preferred attack for FoE/Bosses; the issue with 2-Hit is that it has a low activation rate (35% maxed out) to hit an additional time ... on normal attacks only. May be worth it when levelling and such (and the fact that the build has 18 unassigned points...) but, quite frankly, it's not that big of a damage boost, especially given the Gunner's place in the turn-order tends to have them attacking nearly dead enemies, thus wasting the extra shot.

My preference is AGI Up and then working on the Riskice/fire/volt just to have a bigger kick when exploiting Elemental Weaknesses. They have their downsides (ridiculous damage taken increase >> 520% at Level 1, down to 250% at Level 10) but meh. Stunshot is also a worthy contender with it's 77% chance-to-stun but, again, Gunner's place in the turn order tends to have it not act before an enemy.[/spoiler]

2-Hit I don't think is worth it; it's a 35% Chance to Double Attack, sure, but the Gunner is so slow that they tend to target nearly dead things. I just find it a waste. Weakshot has its uses but do keep in mind that criticals only trigger on normal attacks and there is a 50% Critical cap. That said, I don't have the Critical formula readily available so ... I suppose that's not a very useful point to bring up.

I don't find maxing out the Elemental Shots to be worth the points. If you want Elemental damage, it really is worth it to take the Riskshots but, to be honest, you'll still pretty much do better relying on Ricochet for sheer damage. Especially if you run a Hexer for Dampen.

Fireshot / Iceshot / Voltshot:
Level 1: 6 TP, 125% Dmg, 20% Spd, 100% Acc
Level 5: 10 TP, 145% Dmg, 30% Spd, 110% Acc
Level 10: 15 TP, 215% Dmg, 65% Spd, 145% Acc

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Well, since I love auto-attack and hate to spend TP where possible, 2-hit and Weakshot rise in value for me. I'd also almost invaribly equip AGI+ equipment on the gunner for a (marginal) speed increase.

Well, such is my argument, anyway.

But, as you say, once you've got the basics laid down, theres quite a few spare points for the Gunner to go wild.

Similarily, my reason for not levelling up the Fire/Ice/Volt-Shot is the increased cost.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”