Defeating Wyvern

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
soco_79
Ragelope

Defeating Wyvern

Postby soco_79 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm having a heck of a time defeating the Wyvern.
I have a DK, with level 10 climax (which doesn't seem to work on Wyvern at all :(
My levels are all maxed at 70 (for my main 5 members, anyway, which are Landsknecht, DK, Gunner, Medic, and Alchmist).
My Landsknecht, who has the Ygg Axe, seems to do the most damage to him. I'm also armored up pretty well, the best at this point in the game i think... I've reached Fl. 28. I've tried using All Mist, Evil Mist, stonard, etc to raise protection but it doesn't seem to help.
The best I've done is about 75% damage.
Any ideas? Should I level up some of my other guild members and use them?
I have a survivalist and a protector that are close to being maxed, but my beast, ronin, war magus, and hexer are all pretty low levels.
Any ideas?
Soco_79 a.k.a Utah... Old Skool RPG fan, DS current platform, Etrian Odyssey, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger... I'm always open for suggestions!!!!!!!

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 pm

It's not that hard to level grind in the game. You just stick a low-level character with the unit that does the most damage and defeat all the bosses you can, rest for 14 days, and repeat.

I'm not sure if (and I forget) the Wyvern has any weaknesses or resistances. The Gunner's most powerful move would probably be Ricochet, and if you level up your Ronin, Midareba (spelling?) does high damage, too.

Or you could use chasers combined with elemental attacks to defeat it.

You could always try buying lots of Axcelas and using the Dark Hunter's Dominance to cripple it. Just don't use Ecstasy, since I believe that causes the binds to disappear faster.

I've never really used an Alchemist, so I don't know what to say about what they should use, and I don't know much about an axe-wielding Landsknecht, either.

It's been a while since I've beaten the Wyvern, and I restarted my file, so I can't go and face it again. In other words, not everything I say is guaranteed to work. You can take my advice or wait for someone more competent than me to answer your question.

soco_79
Ragelope

Thanks

Postby soco_79 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Soco_79 a.k.a Utah... Old Skool RPG fan, DS current platform, Etrian Odyssey, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger... I'm always open for suggestions!!!!!!!

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”