Guild Emrin

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 am

“Who or what was it that decided
to let me continue living?”

With a body in pain I woke up. The moment I became conscious that I was still alive, all the pain that I had left behind returned to me. I was badly hurt. But it got worse, I realized that although my eyes were open, everything was still dark. I was lying on my stomach and I tried to breath but that too was difficult. I couldn't even get a full breath of air. I felt suffocated. What little air I did manage to breath in had a nasty smell in it. It was the smell of rotting dead bodies and monster blood all around me. Then I realized what had happened. I was lying under rubble. The ceiling had fallen on me. Well most of it had, I wasn't completely crushed just yet. I tried to move my head but I had so much space to move around in. I looked around and I could barely make out a small glint of light far away to my right. I needed to get there and quickly because I felt something wet on the back of my shirt. Then I remembered that the Labyrinth had fallen into itself and that meant that all the water in the Azure Rainforest had come down too. If I didn't get out quickly I would drown and my final chance at life that I was given would have gone to waste. I tried to move my body but I was in so much pain. Most of the pain was coming from my left leg. I didn't need my eyes to know what had happened to it; I could feel it. My left leg was stuck under a heavy piece of the ceiling. I tried to move it but it hurt so much.
What was I to do. The water coming down had already become a small puddle and I was stuck. I had only a few minutes, or probably an hour tops, to get out of there. I needed a way to free my leg. But I didn't know how to do it. I moved around a bit and felt something hard with my left elbow. I wondered what it could be, felt it some more and then realized that it was my ax. I moved my elbow back a bit more and then felt a tiny bit of weight release from my left leg. I knew that if I could just move my elbow farther back then my ax would be able to release my leg and I could be free. I prepared myself as best as I could and began one of the hardest ordeals of my life.
Slowly, I moved my elbow back so as not to screw anything up. The farther my elbow and my ax went the more pressure I could feel being taken off my leg. At times my elbow would slip and I could feel a bit of noise behind my but I tried not to freak out. I needed to stay very clam and in my head I kept telling myself that I would get free and make it out alive. Sadly though my elbow had reached it's limit and I couldn't think of any other way of getting my ax farther down. The water had risen a bit more. It was probably an inch or less off the ground and I still wasn't anywhere closer to getting out. I needed to hurry up but I had no ideas left. Then suddenly I felt the weight on my leg completely gone. I moved it and my leg hit something. That something was what had lifted that part of the ceiling from my leg but it was not a good something. It felt it some more with my leg and then realized what it was. It was an Armoroll. Those pesky monsters that were difficult to attack because of their armor-like bodies. They hurt a lot when they would fling themselves at you.
I was terrified. At any moment the Armoroll could have attacked me or done something to bring the rubble down and crush us both. I tried to calm down but I didn't have it in me to stay calm anymore. My heart was racing even more now and I thought I was gonna die. But strangely enough the Armoroll made no hesitation to try to harm me. All it did was nudge at me left leg as if urging me to go on. I was completely distraught and couldn't believe it. I was trying to understand if it was really not trying to hurt me but I stopped thinking about it because it nudged me some more. I didn't want to get it mad so I began to crawl towards that small glint of light far off to my right.---6
Last edited by Emrin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:27 am

“What caused them to be like that?”

At times I would stop and rest and when I did I could feel the Armoroll accidentally hit my leg. It was following me to try and get out too. I kept going like that for a long time. I crawled for like five minutes and then kept stopping. The Armoroll wasn't nudging me anymore, somehow I felt that it knew that I was still in a lot of pain and let me rest. But finally I made it out. I was welcomed by brightness; light that gave me strength to rise to my feet although I was still hurt. I turned and saw that the Armoroll had also made it out. It then turned towards the hole we crawled out of and he made a strange noise. Then I was shocked by what I saw. Another Armoroll came crawling out. The Armoroll that helped me looked at the Armoroll that had just came out of the hole and he caressed it. My guess was that they were together. A husband and a wife. Then they both returned to the hole and both cried out. Then two more smaller Armorolls came out. Their children. I was amazed at how they had all stuck together and how they had managed to come out alive. I was even more amazed to see that monsters could have moms and dads. I had never actually put any thought into that but it warmed my heart. I looked over at the guy Armoroll and asked him “Is that everyone?” Somehow, and this scared me a bit, he understood but he went back to the hole and cried out some more. Him and his wife both cried out and then I heard a small cry in the distance. There was still another baby Armoroll stuck inside.
Both the mom and the dad went ballistic. They ran around and were screaming frantically while their two children who made it out watched. I too would have done the same if that was my child still stuck in there. They didn't want to go back inside but they wanted their child back. I felt horrible for them so I decided to go in and bring him or her back to them. I got on my stomach in front of the hole and crawled in head first. I heard both the mom and dad quiet down as they saw what I was doing. Then they cried out and I heard the baby respond to them. As I got closer to the baby I felt more and more water below me. Yet again I had to hurry. Through the darkness I continued till I got to it. It seemed to be okay but it seemed that it was just scared and had put itself into a small crevice to the side. I said to it “Come on little guy, your parents and your siblings are waiting for, I'm gonna get you out of here.” It didn't seem scared of me one bit, it just went up to me and licked my hand as if telling me that it trusted me. I began crawling back and then I heard something in front of me break. I didn't want to find out what it was so I sped up. I then got to know what it was: the water had broken through the area I was stuck in and was now flowing straight towards me and the baby Armoroll. I still had a good long way to go and the water was coming at us fast.
I was pretty scared and I didn't want the baby to die there. I tried to move faster but the pain was still a great force working against me. I wanted to stop and rest but this little guy's life was on the line. I needed to think of it and how bad it would be if I let it die there. I could then move no farther. I was tired and out of breath. I had become tired even faster because of the small amounts of air I had to work with. I stopped but somehow I kept moving back. I moved back slowly at first but then I moved back much faster. I felt something tugging and pulling at my right shoe. The baby was having a hard time keeping up so then it rolled itself into a ball and went faster. In minutes I was out and back in the light. I tried to get up but managed to sit down. I turned and saw that it was the father Armoroll who had gone in and taken me out. He had saved me yet again. The baby then came out and rolled over to it's mother. She caressed it and then it's siblings came over to it. They seemed pretty happy. But the happiness didn't last that long because the water had finally reached us and began gushing out. We were now stuck in a smaller room with no apparent exit.---7
Last edited by Emrin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:31 am

Honestly, those last 2 parts hurt me. I got pretty emotional when I was typing them out. The whole time I was typing this I was like "*sniffle sniffle* Wow, that's so beautiful! Way better than what I had before!" I know that that may have sounded conceded but it's how I felt and how I still feel now. I will definitely need feedback on these two parts. Please leave comments.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm

If you are in high school but have already written something that emotionally effected you that much, you are farther along than a lot of young writers.

Personally I thought those two parts were great, especially after the chaos of the Labyrinth coming down.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sat May 15, 2010 3:24 pm

“Was it truly my fault?”

The water was flowing in quickly. I turned and turned to look at all four sides of the room but still couldn't find an exit. I took a deep breath and began to calm myself. “The worst is over” I told myself. “I'm not stuck under the debris anymore so I gotta stay calm and find a way out. I gotta help these Armorolls out too.” The Armorolls were completely terrified of the water. My guess was that since they weighed a lot they would probably drown. I needed to be strong for the sake of them. I owed it to the dad for saving my life, now I had to do the same for him and his family. I struggled to get up on my feet and walked to the north wall. Since the water was flowing through the west side, I had three places to look for a way out. I moved my hands around the north wall and budged a little and knocked at times. No luck. I walked over to the east wall the best I could and did the same there. But still no luck. Then I turned to the south wall and saw something.
The water was flowing under the wall! I walked over to the wall and moved my hands around below the water. Then I fell forward and was surprised to find some stairs leading down. Another stratum? My heart nearly stopped because of the shock. I couldn't believe it. The water kept flowing down the stairs and I could here the sound of the water flowing farther down. My guess was that the stairs went down a long way down. I got really curious and wanted to find out what was down there but then I remembered that the Armorolls were still in the small room behind me. Too much water was flowing into the small room and half of that was flowing down the stairs so the water level in the smaller room was rising. Back at the small room, the water reached my knees and the Armorolls struggled to stayed above the water. The babies had to climb on their parent's heads but that only drove their parents down below the water. I told them about the stairs I had found and told them that we needed to get over to them. They followed me. They crawled in under the water and we all stood there in the stairs and the Armorolls were out of breath. They had swallowed some water but they were all alright. The water was still flowing in but I didn't care about it anymore. That was until the father Armoroll turned around and went back to the small room we were in.
I looked over at the babies and his wife and they were all there and fine. I didn't know what he was doing but I followed him. The water had risen quickly again and I couldn't find the father anywhere. I went below the water, opened my eyes and still had no luck. I got up again and saw something at the north wall, there was a crack. I walked over to it and placed my hands around it. I felt a hole. And not a small hole either. It was pretty big and the water flowed quickly in that new direction. I didn't know how the hole could have been made but then I remembered that Armorolls were great diggers. I felt a sting in my heart. The father had made that hole to drive the water away from us. He had saved us. That made it three times for me. I wanted to cry so much but then I heard a noise. A sound only an Armoroll would make and walked back to the stairs. The water wasn't flowing in anymore as much and I had hoped to see six Armorolls but instead I saw five. I felt like I had killed the father because I had just let him get away. The mother looked at me with saddened eyes and I just turned the tears away. She walked over to me and and she nudged my leg. I turned to her and said “I'm sorry. I should have stopped him.” I didn't think that she would understand me but she shuck her head. She looked over to the stairs leading down and I knew what she wanted to do. Before things turned out worse, I began to run and the Armorolls began to roll behind me. We ran down in hopes that things would be better than they had turned out on the 25th floor.---8

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 am

“Were things meant to end like they did?”

I ran and ran and ran while the Armorolls kept right on rolling behind me. I don't know how long we were running but it seemed like a pretty long time. The the fact that the father Armoroll had given his life for our well being gave me the strength I needed to keep on running. Suddenly the smell and the scenery changed. I started to smell the sickening smell of blood again and the walls, ceiling and the floor began to slowly turn red and at times green. I didn't want to stop and check so I kept on running. The smell got stronger and stronger. The red and green got lighter and darker. We finally reached the bottom. At this point, most things were either green, red or black. The Armorolls slowly stopped and I was awe-stricken. A whole new stratum. This stratum was completely the opposite of what all the other stratums had been. The smell of blood had mostly cleared but my nose would still catch it from time to time. Then I realized that there was no water around. Although a lot of water had flowed down the stairs, there was none visible. No little streams or puddles. My guess was that there were so many steps coming down that the water couldn't flow down fast enough but we had outrun it. And that would also have been the reason why the other stratums hadn't fallen through yet: too much of the tree was in between the fifth stratum and the sixth. My mind was straining through all this new found information. What would be the name of this new stratum?
I stepped forward and already there was a fork in the road. The baby Armorolls turned to the left so me and the mother followed them. We came to a small area and I walked over to the center. There were two doors: one leading north and another leading east. I didn't know where to go but then I saw something strange floating around. It seemed to be a pink-ish looking disc. I stared at it but it just kept right on floating off. It disappeared the direction we had come from and then it came rushing back. It headed down and through the east door. Then I saw what the discs were running from: a giant crab. I had seen giant crabs throughout the third stratum but there was something different with this new kind. It stopped and stared at me and the Armorolls. My guess was that it was really hungry and we looked like its next perfect meal. It rushed us and I tried to move but I forgot that I was still in a bad condition. I didn't have my ax or my shield so I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, a ball shoot from my left and hit the giant crab right on it's face. It turned and another one hit it. I looked over and the baby Armorolls were launching themselves at the crab! They were distracting it and they gave me a chance to move. I knew that me and the Armorolls were absolutely no match for the crab and so had to find a way to get away from it and quickly. The mother looked at me and then at the doors and I had to take a pick.
As with any monster, they were always unpredictable. The giant crab made a loud scream and it nearly shattered my ears. It resonated and I could hear it sounding off in the distance. For a while everything was quiet. The baby Armorolls had stopped launching themselves and the giant crab just stood there. Then I heard a few shrieks and screams. The door to the north opened. But at first there was nothing there. Then I saw other giant crabs begin to appear. Two showed up behind me and then two more showed up behind the first giant crab who had signaled the others to show up. We were surrounded but the only way out was through the east door. I stood still and so did the Armorolls. We didn't know what to do. If any one of us tried to move, the crabs would probably attack us. We stood there for what seemed like hours but then I heard a thud. The noise slowly began to get closer and closer to where me, the Armorolls and the crabs were. The two crabs near the entrance of this new stratum turned and they shrieked and went back westward. I heard them fighting against whatever was making it's way towards us then I heard a few crunches. The other three giant crabs weren't gonna allow us to get taken by another monster so they decided to stop whatever was making it's way towards us. They walked off and they began fighting too. I wanted to watch them fight. I wanted to witness this amazing feat that I had never seen before but the mother Armoroll nudged me in the direction of the east door. I came back to the realization that we were all in trouble and tried the best I could to walk over to the door. It opened and another door stood before me. I walked over to it and before it opened the door behind me opened and a giant turtle head came rushing in! This must have been what was fighting with the crabs. I stood there terrified and not wanting to move. What was I to do? I obviously couldn't fight it and I didn't think anything bigger could come out and fight it. I closed my eyes. I just wanted to die now. I was in too much pain and I didn't have the courage to continue. I wanted it all to end. I fell to the ground and before I lost consciousness out of the fatigue I heard a few smaller shrieks and I heard a door close. I heard what sounded like a terrible fight and I knew who was fighting. I wanted to get up and help them but I couldn't move a finger. A tear escaped my right eye and then my mind went dark.---9

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 am

That was all about two years ago. Those memories of mine were all lost to me over the course of those two years. All I can remember are those events. What ever happened in those two years is unknown to me. How I escaped the sixth stratum, I don't know. But I do know, or what I feel, is that something did happen in those two years. Something that I might never know. What happened to me after the sixth stratum and how did I get back to my normal life? The life I ran away from. The life I hated. The life of a princess. What happened...

-Rachel Rinnem

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 am

I woke up startled. I had another one of those strange dreams. I was in the labyrinth and again monsters appeared out of seemingly nowhere. I wanted to fight them. I could've taken on them. I was ready. I wasn't afraid of them and I had my ax and shield ready for anything. They came at me again and as always when they came in contact with my they turned into a black goop. The force of the impact threw me back and I lay their trying to get up and breathe but they suffocated me. It always ended up the same. In a dark room with a small glint of hope far off into the distance. A small white light always seeming to get further and further away as I take a step towards it. I never understand the meaning behind those dreams. I think and think about it but never come to any good conclusion. As a Landsknecht of 14 you'd think that I would have other things to worry about but you would be highly mistaken.
My name's Tera. Tera Rushe. I can handle being a Landsknecht but I can't handle the strange dreams. But I doubt any of the other Landsknechtes have weird dreams like I do. I mean a Landsknecht is suppose to be strong, brave, fearless, and if a leader, not have dreams that take up a lot of time to think through. Well the first three are what I've heard. I have yet to put my skills to the test but I know for sure that I would make a great Landsknecht. I just have to keep waiting until I am completely healed to begin my life as a strong Landsknecht. And I don't just mean strong as in a physical nature but also strong in mind and heart. I here stories about the Labyrinth here in Lagaard and many don't end very well. Everyday many adventurers are brought here to the Lagaard Hospital. Some walk in with small wounds like scratches, scrapes, bruises, and bite marks. While others don't even walk in. They are usually carried in. These are the adventurers who are paralyzed, have broken limbs, are petrified, or worse than those combined: dead.
I've heard the screams, the yells, the cries for a better life. These people put their lives in danger and at times they walk into the Labyrinth and never come out. Yet this doesn't stop anyone. They continue to go into the Labyrinth no matter what. To me they are indeed courageous. Well some are, others are just crazy and go in asking to be killed. Once I go in I hope to do far better than some of these adventurers. Each day I learn something new and it greatly prepares me for my days of exploring the Labyrinth.-T

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 am

So how many more times do I have to write this?” “Ten more so I can go home already.” “Hey don't get annoyed with me. This is all your fault. If you had just let me go home then none of this would have happened.” “Don't try to pin this on me Robert! Your suppose to know this stuff already! One day someone will want you in their guild and if you don't even know the difference between front guard and back guard how are they gonna want to keep you!?” “You do realize I was kidding right?” “You were sleeping in class! How is that even funny! How can I expect you to stay awake in the Labyrinth if you can't even stay awake in class?” “So what does 'I will not fall asleep in the...' oh that's why you wanted me to write that so many times! And here I thought you had finally lost it!” “Lost what?” “Your mind.” “*sigh* Go home Robert.” “Finally! So what did we learn today Mrs. Guild Master Lady?” “Robert that's not my name you know.” “Yeah but what do you want us to call you if no one knows your real name! You know your teaching wasn't very good today. I think your falling behind. You know you should go on a vacation.” “Go home already! Your parents must be worried sick about you!” “Nah they like it when I stay out. They tell me that I should do it more often.” “I wonder why...” “Huh?” “Oh nothing. Now hurry up and go, I have to close up.” “Ehhh whatever. See you tomorrow Guild Master.”
And that's who I am. Robert Kewe. A Protector of 14. Dark blonde hair and dark blue eyes. For a 14 year old I am short but I'm still a good Protector. Well when I'm serious about it, not like when I'm in school. It's sunny today here in Lagaard and the day, like most, seems to never end. As I walk around town many people cross my path. I look at them and think to myself “Will I see you ever again?” It's a constant question that haunts everyone here. So many adventurers go in and yet such few come out. A few weeks in the Labyrinth really changes you. It changed me, drastically. I used to be such a different person and now my personalities are always clashing. I guess that what happens when you lose trust in people.-R

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 am

Elizabeth would you help me with these bags please?” “*yawn* Yeah but that would require an effort on my part. Besides I think you have it covered. *gasp* What if a pervert pops out mom!? What then? Your gonna need someone who can run for help. But don't worry I can run for help.” “Now tell me, who would try to pull anything off in front of all these people?” “Well what if all these people all suddenly turned their backs on us for like a minute and then the perv comes out and steals our food and money! Mom you have to think these things through more clearly. You never know. Boy what would you do without me.” “With or without you I would still struggle with these bags of food. Now are you gonna help me or not?” “*sigh* Since you make it sound like I don't have much of a choice... I'll help you but at the first sign of trouble I'm passing the bags over to you and I'm running for help, got it?”
Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and all but physical labor? Yuck, not on my list of favorite things to do. Now if it's going out shopping then I can help with the labor that comes from not knowing what to choose to buy. My name's Zoey Elizabeth Dawn. A Dark Hunter is my way of life. I live by the whip and by binding and dominating I will one day become a famous Dark Hunter. Anyone who gets in my will be bonded, shackled, cuffed, and gagged.
On second thought that sounds like a lot of work so I'll just have someone else do the hard work for me. But I'll make sure that you never cross my path again. I'm 15 and I've been training to be a Dark Hunter for a long time now. I can manage many types of whips and if you're looking for a great Dark Hunter for your guild then go look for someone else. I will choose which guilds I know will be capable of handling me and so far there are none who can. But I guess I am asking too much from all of these worthless losers here. Maybe I should start my own guild and see how that works. Then again that would take effort on my part and I don't want that. I wish I could dominate the world but without me moving a single finger...I guess I just have to hope for the best if I do get into a guild.-Z

44 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”