BlackSol Chronicles

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Zeronin
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BlackSol Chronicles

Postby Zeronin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 am

In game, the name of my EOII guild is BlackSol. What I write here will be looks into the personal quests, triumphs, and struggles of the members and the guild as a whole. Some of the main characters, such as the one in the fanfic below, are from my in-game team. Although they are from my game, all that happens is not necessarily tied into in-game events, though I certainly may do so. I guess maybe you'll just have to read and see for yourself.

Below is a look into on of the guild's members, Penelope, before BlackSol truly took off.

--------------------------------

I’ve spent practically my entire life under the shadow of two trees. First, the great pine under which I meditate daily. Second, under the all-consuming legends of the Yggdrasil labyrinth.

For as little as I care, I know far more than I care to. Despite my relatively solitary training, it’s impossible to go without hearing every other bearded coot spin his fantastical yarn. Goliath beasts, carnivorous plants, atrociously mutated insects… I’ve managed to hear it all.

Not that I’m naïve by any measure about all this; obviously all the hype has some truth to it. When new guilds register almost daily and the number of guilds in town somehow manages to remain stagnant, you can’t ignore that grotesque fact. I’m just so sick of it all. The countless guilds, the outrageous stories, and what I consider to be the undeniable fact that the grass up there is dyed crimson… I had enough years ago. It doesn’t help, of course, that my husband is part of a guild. He’s pretty good though about keeping that kind of banter to a minimum. At least his guild hasn’t joined the vast majority of them in an early grave.

I just wall it out of my mind. I don’t ever intend to grace that place with my presence. As such, I’ve no interest in trying to discern the reality of all that I hear. What’s real is real, and past that it can keep all its legends. For sake of mind and body, I’ve been striving to keep a clear head and sharp focus. My vision is to live up to my family name and become the best ronin I can. Keeping my head clear is vital.

The way I’ve chosen is certainly not typical or, more accurately, mainstream. Most ronins, including my husband, are in the guilds exploring the labyrinth and slaying who knows what. Yes, I spar with other people, but have never against a wild creature. Others say I lack as a result. I’ve received more than my fair share of weird looks; many go as far as to call me a joke. Let the men and women partake in their petty gossip. While they’re sticking their necks into that inferno for the heck of it, I’ll save my katana for what really matters. It doesn’t have to be stained red to trumpet my talent, nor do I want it to.

I’m not willing to sacrifice my clarity for the rush of battle. I’m more than content with the shadow of my great pine than that gigantic canopy of death.

You don’t get what I have by charging headlong into the face of danger. This tranquility… this serenity… to sense every dancing of the wind on your skin… to be sensitive to every shift of pitch in the flow of the river… to feel the rain lacing itself around your hair…this is the energy I seek. I love this sensation of nature’s release. There’s something to be said of all that.

My mastery doesn’t necessarily have to be proven through being deadly…

Which isn’t to say I’m not.

--------------------------------

So that's pre-BlackSol Penelope for you. She's about twenty two, making her quite young. I was thinking about explaining more, but I may not want to reveal anything that I want to use in excerpts later.

Oh, and FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED! Please.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Zeronin
Ragelope

Postby Zeronin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:35 am

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”