Dangerus's FanArt Panel

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dangerus's FanArt Panel

Postby Dangerus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 am

Hey everyone. I actually can accept Etrian Odyssey Party fanart requests for October...

http://chicken-wings.storm-artists.net/

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dangerus's FanArt Panel

Postby Dangerus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 am

I have some fanart to share to EVERYBODY!!
Attachments
Seyfried in the Stars.png
Here's some fanart I have of Seyfried... a bit to glammy in my opinion... but Seyfried would've looked much cooler in it.
Seyfried in the Stars.png (60.9 KiB) Viewed 4427 times

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Is his skin really suppose to be wood-ish at the lower part, or is that like underarmor or something.

Also head is a wee too big for that body of his.
When you're alone, always remember:

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:38 am

My two cents is that the eyes aren't quite right. He's supposed to look calm and wise and clever, but here his eyes look all *o*

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 am

He's also blushing like a maid, for some reason.
When you're alone, always remember:

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 am

I would like it much more if you would show us some art on paper, maybe ink it a bit and such.

Because doing something on the computer is pretty much either making you great, or making you terrible, I'm not saying its bad, but I'm sure you can do way better.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:08 am

Now don't take us the wrong way, we're not trying to be jerks here, this is all meant to help you, not scare you away. Besides, it'll be that much better when you actually get heartfelt praise. Most of my stuff I post here gets either ignored or critiqued, but the odd time I get a complement it feels that much better. Keep trying!

/disclaimer rant

-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Last edited by Dangerus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:58 am

Why did you draw a dragon then massacre it with tape? .-.

-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 am

Apparently I was trying to make paper art, but I wanted to keep it together, so I used tape. I drew over the tape, but it didn't stick, so I decided to just erase the ink off using an eraser. So, my apologies if it looks like the tape is translucent and not transparent.

I thought dragon because it looked JUST like it.

Also, once again, my apologies for Seyfried OOC... I just happen to enjoy drawing Seyfried like that more often. (drawing him with his usual calm smile usually makes me feel bored with it for a while... but angry forgetful Seyfried always makes me giggle...) But if you like Seyfried in character, you can request it.

He's my favorite NPC in Etrian Odyssey thus far... Though the Forest Folk Mystics and Kupala are fun to draw as well.

I may apologize, because one of my latest pictures with Seyfried had ponies in it, and I'm a brony so I hope no one is angry about that.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 am

*dusts the panel*
*places these pictures*

Are these much better looking improvements to my first pictures on here?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:21 am

They sure are. Glad you took the advice to do some sketching on paper. You're improving, a few things I'd suggest now that you're getting better are to study real life drawing/anatomy, study how the body works. Sit in a park and look at people and how they move. You don't seem to have any actions shots, but you do some cuddling stuff and I'm sure a local park would have real people snuggling so you could get a feel for how people realistically do that kind of thing. And I'm sure there's no shortage of pictures of that kind of stuff on the old information superhighway if you're not into the whole creeper thing...

Also, a big thing for you is you should work on how legs work. Legs work, they really do. But the ones you draw don't yet- and that's ok. Personally I'm crap at joints and necks right now. But like I was saying, there are 7 billion people you can look at to learn how to draw people. That picture of the prince that's the third one down is the best attempt at legs of these, but can you draw him walking? Running? Also, look into where people put their weight, even the legs you have that are standing less awkwardly wouldn't be balancing the way they're standing. Practice, practice, practice. Also, make sure to keep your clothes behaving realistically, keep them the same size/length and feel free to throw some basic wrinkle lines in.

Next up, you seem to have a decent concept of size/object relations and your art is pretty consistent, so maybe throw in some backgrounds and stuff so you can have some polished art instead of just characters on a sheet. Then you have to worry about flow and composition, but that's a whole other can of worms.

So all in all, nice improvement, you're consistent and your lines are simple and clean, more details aren't bad but at least you aren't overdoing anything. And I highly suggest learning how to do some proper wire frames for your people or block people or whatever you prefer, and maybe even trace some real people (not other art, other artists make mistakes too!) until you know how to pose people better. Just make sure not to post anything you trace as your own, even if you slap other details on top. So yeah, keep up the good work and sorry if this was long and demeaning. Take it with a grain of salt, I've been improving lots lately but am still nowhere near where I want to be.

-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 am

27 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”