Faust's EO Artwork

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Faust
Ragelope

Faust's EO Artwork

Postby Faust » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello everyone, I've been using this site for a while but I only today made an account...

Anyway I see a lot of cool artwork around so I decided to put my own forward, I'm gonna be spending most of my student loan (Illustration student) on importing an American 3DS and EO4 so I can play that, it's my favourite series. c:

>.< ...I hope I added the picture right...

Okay evidently not. :I

Faust
Ragelope

Re: Faust's EO Artwork

Postby Faust » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm

I guess that could work? :I

Ugh no preview. :c

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm

And another one, last one for now otherwise I feel I'm spamming my own topic. ;n;

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

These are pretty good! They are just... Really slow to upload.

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Ooooh yay, LIFE! :D

Is there a better way I can upload them or something in that case, I'm so new to this. ;n;

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 am

Art threads on this site don't get a lot of traffic, spam away on your own thread. I love your War Magus drawing, in my opinion that's the best class in the series.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Huh, I did use Tinypic though... o.o

Also thank you! :D I love War Maguses too, they're definitely one of my favourite classes... And I love all of the War Magus portraits, which is pretty rare for me. :P

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:31 am

I love almost every portrait in EOI and EOII. It's rare to find one I wouldn't use in a party. But my default avatar on here is the dreadlock Magus when I'm not switching around to goofy things. Favorite EO character.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 pm

That's cool, I like the old man and the dark haired chick War Maguses more than him but he's awesome too~

As for portraits I didn't particularly like in the first 2 games, I'd say the male Landsknechts would probably be the only ones, although I like both the female ones so that was never an issue. c:

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Did some enemy drawings using the EO3 artbook as reference. c: Over the course of this topic you may notice a trend towards insect creatures from me. xD Also that walrus thing is definitely the scariest monster in any EO game. xD

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 am

You used TinyPic? Ah. Gotcha. Must be my Internet connection. DX

Anyway I like your EO3 artwork. And truth be told, I agree with you guys on the first two games' portraits. I don't like the Landsknect class personally (Plain-Jane Warrior classes disappoint me...) as for portraits? Well, the Gladiator, the guys I can live without (and fun fact, unlike in my first run of the EO series, I actually picked a Gladiator for myself when trying to fill the 30 Persons limit [I didn't really fill them, but it's halfway there!] It's a girl!) and it kind of reversed for me in classes I like portrait wise. Don't get me wrong, the Hoplite skills come in handy, but the only one showing any real life is the one resembling Nabeshin from Excel Saga.

In EO4, things switched back to normal, but the tan male androgynous Landsknect at least caught my eye... But I'm still avoiding Landsknect's at the moment, mainly due to not being in my comfort zone when I RP. (Even though a Gladiator is basically the same thing except half naked...)

...am I the only one that doesn't care for the Hoplite's design?

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:25 am

I don't know, I rather like Hoplites myself, although I can definitely see where you're coming from about them lacking life or however you put it. c: And there's definitely some truth in your point about generic swordsmen in RPG's, I tend to stay away from them too, although that never happened with the Landsknechts... I wonder why...

About the Gladiators, I'm actually the opposite, to me the guys have a weird pose, it looks like somebody stuck something up their arse and their trying to maintain balance or something. xD The females are pretty cool though, I didn't use one in my EO3 run however. D:

I really liked the Shoguns in that game, AND the Yggdroids, in terms of class pictures. c:

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am

I remember when everyone was calling that skill Suicide Assistant, so badass. D: Although saying that I just Google Translated "Kaishaku" and it does actually mean that so that's cool. :P

Also it might be that my scanner is for whatever reason making these images absolutely enormous. :I

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm

72 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”