To the Horizon (an illustrated account)

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

To the Horizon (an illustrated account)

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 pm

So, because I've always wanted to do this, I decided to start doing a little log of my EOIV game and party. And because I can and it's good practice, I decided to accompany things with the one art I'm good at- low res pixels.

So, with no further ado, we shall begin with the characters!

-----

Gin: Male, Landsknecht

Bio: The youngest warrior of a desert-dwelling clan, raised by his older sister. Due to the over-hunting of the local monsters, he hasn't yet had the chance to prove himself. Sights set on Yggdrasil, he left his home for Tharisis.

Power: ★★★★
Caution: ☆☆☆☆
Leadership: ★★☆☆

Feldspar: Female, Fortress

Bio: The third of five daughters of the legendary knight Diamond, who single-handedly stood down a dragon to allow his wounded companions to escape. Faced with a choice between succeeding her father's political position or an arranged marriage, she decided to make her own legacy instead. By chance, she arrived in Tharsis.

Defense: ★★★☆
Shouting: ★★☆☆
Stature: ★☆☆☆

Marigold: Female, Medic

Bio: An unfortunate traveling medic. She was swindled by caravan she was traveling with, and ended up stranded in Tharsis. Though she never intended to be an explorer, she was unable to refuse hot food and a warm bed.

Medicine: ★★★☆
Hunger: ★★★☆
Luck: ☆☆☆☆

Dusk: Female, Nightseeker

Bio: A silent woman who simply arrived in Tharsis one day, reeking of sulfur and towing a mountain of books. Her specialty is poisons. Her hometown is a complete mystery, but seems to be somewhere in the mountains.

Stealth: ★☆☆☆
Poison: ★★★☆
Secret Nerd: ★★★★★

Moon: Male, Nightseeker

Bio: The founding member of the guild, an eccentric swordsman who claims to be from "Beyond the Horizon." Though he lists the same profession as Dusk, their abilities bear little resemblance.

Speed: ★★★★
Style: ★★★☆
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: To the Horizon (an illustrated account)

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 am

Awesome, Dok. Pure awesome.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 am

And with those three, I'm over half done with the introductions! Hopefully backgrounds will get faster later. Probably done for tonight, this is amazingly time-consuming.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 am

I lied! Have one more. May do the last one anyway too, since I have an idea for it.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 am

Great! So will you post more comics based on these guys?

((What spooked me is that I have a Fortress and a female Nightseeker with the same portrait and similar personalities...))

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 am

The concept is that it'd be another one of those travelogue-type stories, covering interesting things that happened plus the character's own stories and developments. Aside from that, I thought it'd be fun to post a little drawing with each chapter. More like a story book with illustrations than a comic.

Right now I'm just doing little profile images and such, because those tend to help.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:46 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 am

There, last one done. Not as interesting as the others in some ways, but...

Anyway, proper log will start later, probably tomorrow or so.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:38 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 am

I think a Drive Blade is the only way to make him more like anime Dante.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Prologue! Will update this post as I write out the last three. No new artwork for now, reusing the character portraits. They are indirectly relevant, after all.

Last edited by Doktor_Q on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Feldspar... She totally kicked a lot of ass...

28 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”