Mystic Costume discussion and feedback?

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
cata931
Ragelope

Mystic Costume discussion and feedback?

Postby cata931 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Alright, if you couldn't tell by my picture, I admire the forest folk. I don't care if they were the antagonists, they were just very cool characters to me.

NOW! I haven't seen many cosplays (costumes, for those not in the community) pertaining to Etrian Odyssey that were not the corny FOE faces from youtube:

I have only seen one Tlachtga cosplayer, but that was only on the internet.

So, to do the series justice, I thought I might partake in a cosplay myself. And since I admire the forest folk, I thought I might do one of them.

I have a basic idea for the anatomy of the Mystic costume:
1. Get a white morph suit. Mystics do not have a face and they are completely white. Instead of taking an hour painting my entire body white, figuring out a way to hide my face and figuring out a way to cover what's under my dress, I figured a morph suit would be less hair pulling, more time effective, less expensive in the long run and, most importantly, accurate to the character.

2. I have a pattern I can alter for the top of the dress, even adding the collar and making it caress the neck like it's supposed to. I will have to free hand the bottom of the dress and add a hoop skirt to give it the same lift as the original mystic.

3. The greaves (the black armor on the shins), the sash on the dress and the "x"s on the dress will all be made out of a stretchy, black polyester fabric. I have a ton and I can guarantee it will do the job I need it to do.

4. The wig will be a little more difficult. The only way you can get the red tips on green hair is if you dip dye. Unfortunately it's hard to get the right color if you dip dye an already dyed wig. So, I will have to buy either a really thick white wig or sew extra wig hair into a normal white wig, dip dye the tips red and then dye the rest green. I will have to style it like a reverse Yugi Moto wig. For the swoop-y piece at the top, I will need to run a wire through a bit of the wig.

5. The staff will probably be the most fun thing to build. The top will be made out of craft foam where as the shaft will be made of wood. Once that's all said and done, I will spray paint the whole thing white (as to get a lighter color when I add the gray layers), spray paint the tip of the bud on the head of the staff pink, then spray paint all the gray areas gray.

Any feed back? Comments? Does anyone support this?

I also plan to make costumes for all the EOU Story mode characters at some point.

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mystic Costume discussion and feedback?

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:23 pm

It's nice to see more fans of Etrian Odyssey but I'm afraid we can't give you more advice (unless there's a cosplayer among the ItL community), did you try some forums specialized in cosplay?

2. For the dress what about a petticoat in the same color to add more volume?

4.If you think that dying is too risky, what if you use red extensions and cut them at the right size?

For the other points I can't say much, you will have to look at several tutorials and test different techniques.

I recommend you this website: http://www.cosplaytutorial.com/

I don't get why you posted the same post in different sections, this one is more appropriate...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Cata, I deleted your other posts because you can't go around posting the same topic in multiple threads. This one had a reply and was in a good thread for it so I left it. Please don't let this discourage you from posting in the future, but please don't spam every subforum with the same topic. Pick one to post in and the mods can bump the thread to the correct place if we think it is in the wrong one.

Anyways, welcome here. Feel free to introduce yourself over , we're a pretty friendly bunch. Enjoy your stay.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

cata931
Ragelope

Postby cata931 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this. ^^;;;

Anyway, thank you for the feedback, Cottontofu! :D I will take all of it into consideration and I will definitely post onto cosplay sites for more help. I just figured people here might be able to help since they know the character better.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”