Delta's Art Factory

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Delta
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Delta's Art Factory

Postby Delta » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Hey! I'm a wannabee concept artist so I do a lot of drawing and would like to improve wherever possible. I'm influenced by the works of Yoji Shinkawa (Kojima Studios), Marc Brunet (Blizzard Entertainment) Yoshitaka Amano (Square Enix) and Hirohiko Araki (Author of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). I've been trying to grind out some Etrian Odyssey art but there is such a lack of useful references it's hard to work with.
Critique is welcomed and encouraged!

Original Artwork

Fan Art
Last edited by Delta on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Delta's Art Factory

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Your art is vivid and vibrant with its colors, and I can sense Araki's influence. :)
I really like Cloyster's face (sorry that clumsy comment didn't help that much^^").

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 pm

I'd say you have a bright future

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am

Hey, looking good.

As for EO art, between the cover art, character art, and sketches from the art books, you can usually find the front and back of every character. Good luck!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:58 pm

@Cottontofu: It's actually only recently that I started to play around with colours. I used to keep to pencil or black digital drawings. Thanks!

@noodles: haha, it's always meaningful when someone says something like that. :)

@zamisk: Thank you! I'll check out the art books soon and see what I can gather.

Quick sketch dump.

Rough Concept Sketches

Quick Doodles

Expression Practice

I'll refine these sketches soon enough.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 am

Some older works here.

FF6 (GOTYEY) Terra w/ Magitek.

Leonardo da Vinci freehand copy.

Another one of my OC's. The brother of the person in the first image of my OP: Lucas.

And some banner tutorials I made a while back.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Thu May 08, 2014 12:21 am

Working on a lot of things but managed to get a sketch out.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 pm

More OC doodles.

I like to think that Ryuko

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Fri May 16, 2014 8:19 am

Felt Portrait

Apologies for the godawful camera phone quality. Anyway I thought I'd actually put some effort into one of these sketches for once and it turned out no better than the rest.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Practicing some colouring techniques because I can't digitally colour. Think I'll be painting like this for a while, I like it.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Been working on my favoruite scene from my favourite game. Celes' attempted suicide from FF6. Making real progress!

Titled: I'm in a World of Ruin

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Wed May 28, 2014 7:02 pm

Up-dat-o

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Medicham and Energy Ball Progress shots. Been drawing all day. Hand aches like crazy.

Delta
Ragelope

Postby Delta » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Ops. I thought I posted the finished version.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 am

Whoa. You did some awesome art in here with not much response.

Great work. I like how the colours came out. ^~^

58 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”