Duck and Cover

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Who's point of view should the next entry be written in?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:33 am

Discors: The Tender-hearted, but low-esteemed and haunted Protector.
No votes
Penelope: The seeminly cold and focussed Ronin determined to find her lost father
No votes
Platalea: The bright and curious War magus who is always seeking to discover new things and please everyone
No votes
Formosa: The Cheerful, Dramatic, transgender survivalist
No votes
Acuta: The opportunistic, weathered and wise survivalist uncle of Formosa
100%
Sparsa: The Feral and mute little hexed girl adopted by Discors
No votes

Total votes: 1

Teklanika
Ragelope

Duck and Cover

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:41 am

I plan to update Duck & cover At least every Tuesday night, However I may not be able to contain myself from doing extra updates if a major life event happens for anyone. This will chronical the "hardcore" run of my Guild Anas through the labrynth. (hardcore means charecter death is permanent) Lets begin with an introduction to Anas as this adventure will pick up on the 4th floor of the 1st stratum. (they will already have had some time together) Will all of our heros still be with us next week after thier first boss battle?

[please excuse typos, I must write on wordpad as I dont have word processing software. please PM any correctins to me. the ducks are thier namesakes: each charecter bears the scientific name of a diffrent species of Duck. Anas is the family of dabbling duck species]

Penelope (Ronin in signature, front right)
Penelope is the youngest member of Anas, but don't let her petite little cuteness fool you, she almost never smiles and is all buisness and blade. Penelope grew up in her family's dojo as thier prize student and only child.
Her mother was a proud powerful warrior in her own right but nearly died giving birth to Penelope and was left too weak to bear anymore children or adventure. Six years ago Penelope's mother grew very sick and her father left his settled life of teaching at the dojo. Joining the first guild available to venture into the labrynth he went in search of medicine. But alas; as Anas wait at home those long years, watching her mother waste away, he never returned. The night her mother passed away Penelope took up her sword with a soul possessed, her very heart sharpened like a blade by her grief. She would find her father, perhaps at that floating castle everyone talked of, or find his remains in the labrynth below; her spirit would not rest until she knew why he had never returned.
Last edited by Teklanika on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 am

Discors (Protector in signature front center)
Discors is an experienced adventurer having been in the guild, "5-bladed" before. Never heard of them? Poor Discors is all that remains. His inability to protect a single other member, to survive alone simply because the FOE were no longer hungry after consuming his friends, led him to lie down in the labrynth and wait for the FOE's return. But a dark little hexer girl named Sparsa happened upon him first. She too had only just run from much the same fate as he, clearly tramatized and even unable to speak they reached an understanding in the connection of thier haunted eyes. How easy it would be to simply lie still and wait for the end, she seemed to agree... but to do so would doom her, she would never get back to town herself; she was obviously weaker, and already bleeding, to stay here he would inevitably witness her demise before his own. Together these two darkly haunted souls crept back to town his leaden heart being carried by the strenth of his will to just save this one. Discors, having someone so weak and in need of care could not turn her away. There was no one for this haunted girl, no one had ever seen her before in tonw. He founded the Anas guild for them, the 1st floor was saef enough and they could still make a living from it, he would find his redemtion in helping other new adventureers make is out alive. Perhaps he would find a team that could reach that castle in the sky. Legend has it that there one can find peace even with the dead. Discors will apologise to his comrads, from the castle, or from the grave.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:43 am

Platalea (War Magus in Signature front Left)
Little Platalea has always been a modern student, if not a little unfocussed. Never sure if she should focus on the arcane arts or the grace fine technic of battle strategy she pursues a little of everything. Perhaps the best way to describe Platalea is with her favorite word, "why?” ever since she was a child every other sentance has been a question on her lips. For her there is no thrill greater than the discovering in the labrynth and she is determined to be everything a guild needs so that she can go there. There is nothing she wouldn’t do or learn to see that floating castle herself. it is said that everything ever known is written in it’s infinit library

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:44 am

Formosa (Survivalist Back Right)
Formosa had always, always been diffrent. He had always felt out of sorts, never felt right, always been diffrent. And now he knew why. His family came from a long line of survivalists, wise and cautious people who brought back the wonders fo the labryth to town. His family had always born two children in each generation, a set of fraternal twins always a boy and girl. It was thier respect and revrence to the labrynth that blessed his family. But something strange had befelled his family, for born under a dark moon 21 years ago was the 1st set of twin boys in the families history, thier mother passing away in childbirth. Extended members of the family whispered and shunned the boys; Formosa learned from his mother’s twin on his coming-of-age that he and his brother had been cursed by the labrynth the night they where conceived to her; she had gone astray from her husband in the Labrynth meeting with another man from another guild in secret. They met in quiet sacred glades in the hidden corners of the forrest, but thier sin stained these places and cursed his family never again to bear daughters in punishment for thier mother staining the female honor of his family.
Formosa had been meant to be a girl. he knew it, only the curse had twisted his body, only the labrynth reflected him as he was not, and in the labrynth he would right his family wrong, restore thier honor, and himself. There would be no more hiding and he would finally be at peace. he heard everyone found peace at the castle. Perhaps there, at the end of the labrynth in that floating castle he would have the curse forgiven to his family.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 am

Acuta (survivalist Back Left)
Although the oldest, and wisest of Anas Acuta is by no means fit to be it’s leader. Formosa’s uncle is a kind enough man, but he is by no means charitable. He seeks the labrynth for wealth. This made him a bit of a black sheep among thier noble family. Perhaps both he and his sister had been born under a bad moon like her son Formosa. He would never admit it but perhaps he would venture the labrynth after his nephew even if it had no riches to offer. He was a shrewd and cautious man who always avoided a fight if he could and profitted from any situation. Perhpas he was one of the oldest travelers of the labrynth. He had always been rich enough from the 1st stratum, he had never risked further, but it appeared his nephew would climb straight to the darned castle if his answers where there. He only hoped the treasures along the way would be worht this risk. he had heard the castle was made of gold.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:53 am

Sparsa (Hexer in reserves)

Too young by far to have gone into the labryth no one knows the history of this disturbed mute little girl. It is believed that perhaps all of her guildmates had been slain before her, or something equally ghoulish. But who had taken such a child into the labrynth? And where are her parents? She is often seem perched strangely on furnature and seems clastrophobic. Although she is clearly more comfortable in the labrynth than the town Discors has stopped taking her in with the guild. "That terrible place is not for you, you should never have to return little duckling." He had aranged instead for her to be kept safe sweeping the floors at the inn. The dark shadows in her soul give her the ability to despair her enemies, but the flame that casts them grows brighter each time she hears Discors' armored stride near the inn.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm

*Note* as of this writting i have already killed the chimera so 2 posts today! I apologise it's so wordy.... I just can't write less! That 3 days quest was a real bore! it took me 2 hours! On the plus side, I was Level 20 when it was all said and done.

"Dear lords," Platalea croaked, "This has been the longest three days of my life."

Penelope did no look nearly so worse for wear, "And yet, look at all we've learned, These monsters cannot even hurt us as fast as you can mend us, none of them can survive a single slash of my blade... We've almost doubled in power since we undertook this mission. My father would have made it to much more challenging grounds than these."

"It's true, it's criminally easy to ambush these monsters here now, Uncle A is up to his neck in treasure... I think we are easily out-slaying half the guards we're backing up here!"

Formosa was by far, the cheeriest of the bunch. Discors didn't know how she managed it, the other girls where complaining every other hour about heading back to the inn for a bath and bed! Then again she was always the rugged wilderness type, she was a tough survivalist like her uncle Acuta, though not nearly so greedy or cautious.

"Hey," Discors groaned in wearily, "I've got it worse here, stewing in this armored shell for the past three days, I'm beginning to think I'm growing a fungus in here. I need a bath as badly as the girls do."

"Oh Cors, you vain thing! Just think of the glory when we return to the inn after a whole three days and nights on the 4th floor with not a scratch on us!" Formosa took this chance to clap his hand on Discors' shoulder in celebration as Penelope fished the warp wire out of their packs. "heck this was easy for us! I got a good nights rest even in the labyrinth knowing you where here to keep watch!"

If only he could tell Discors... It had not been easy keeping his secret for 3 days with no respite from company. Acuta had helped by stepping in with fake stories about childhood... of course the one about the dress was true, and only odd if you knew the truth. It was obvious his uncle had caught wind of his respect for the protector, and didn't approve; It certainly would be awkward if Discors found out before the curse was lifted....

- - - - - - In town - - - - -

As the dazzle from the magical effect of the warp wire settled everyones tensions dropped, finally the safety of the town again! Penelope and Platalea immediately went to the inn to bath first. Acuta and his niece went to the trading post to sell off everything they had been able to carry out of the labyrinth, but Discors wanted to report at the stickleback first. he had only just walked in the door when Platalea rushed in behind him out of breath; she must have run back the moment she had made it to the inn...

"It's Sparsa!" She panted in alarm, "She fell ill yesterday..."

The world simply fell away. It simply was not there anymore. All that was left was Platalea standing in the doorways light, there was no bar, the weight of his armor was only an extension of the weight on his heart. How could this have happened? he had been so diligently protecting his team, and she should have been safe... was he simply doomed and ill-fated?

- - - - - - - -

The kindly inn keeper was there in the room when he arrived, she had looked worn and worried but brightened considerably when he arrived. "Oh Discors, good. I think she will be OK, now that you are here." Discors looked at the little hexer in bed, except for her odd behavior she was like a perfectly sweet little sister... She must have had seen something awful in the labyrinth... to have made her so strange and feral.

"what.. what's wrong? she has a fever!" He was worried but she did seem to be mostly OK... why couldn't Platalea do anything?!

"She was only exhausting herself... When you didn't come back for dinner that first night she stopped eating and drinking entirely." The kindly old inn keeper too Discors quietly aside, "...Listen.. Discors, this girl... She is not merely traumatized... She is wild"

He looked shockingly at her, That the nice old lady would say such a thing, "How cruel Ma'am! Just think of what she must have been through, at her age!"

"No 'Cors," Acuta walked in jingling notably with coin, "I think she has a point. I think she is a child of legend this one, raised by bears in the labyrinth. You probably found her just as her luck was running out, likely the Chimera's call drove out or drove wild her "family" she needs you now. . . We had occasionally though we saw the haunted eyes of a person watching us in that 1st stratum... we would leave rations at this tree there... always for respect of the spirits of the labyrinth you see.... but perhaps you have found our little spirit for us?"

Discors could not believe it... His poor little Sparsa was a wild child? surely in such a terrible place it was impossible! but perhaps that is why she never spoke... was always tense and alert to the point of paranoia... perhaps it hadn't been any great trauma but a long impossible life... Oh poor Sparsa she had nearly let herself waste away without him, she was utterly Dependant now outside the labyrinth. . . But he could not take her back in. She was too young, and they where to challenge the great Chimera tomorrow... he would simply have to return every evening to her until she learned to live a proper life and no longer needed him.

"tomorrow" Discors said quietly, "tomorrow I will keep us safe on the 5th floor...we will all return to her. Without the chimera stirring up trouble we will finally have made the first stratum safe enough for others again."

Formosa was proud of this new young man, he had dark shadows always under his eyes, but never flinched at taking the weight of the world on his shoulders. Sparsa would be good for him, they both had to heal it seemed. . .

Oh but could his little nephew have possibly picked someone with a little less emotional baggage?! And was his nephew right about the curse or was he simply disturbed? Had the family perhaps put the whole notion on the poor boys mind by not excepting the illegitimate twins and claiming it was a curse? If Formosa's brother had been the second twin would he still believe what he did? And would he even care if they all managed to face down teh beast successfully? the reward was the grandest... and the danger the greatest... Oh why did these foolhardy youngsters insist on these dangerous quests. It was true that they had improved outlandishly in the last 3 days... but would it be enough?

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:48 pm

This was it... Platalea was excited and terrified. She would finally see the great beast chimera herself... But it would be up close and personal... That morning that had found the last surviving member of the great Beowulf guild, their tamed wolf. . . As strong as they had grown, where they really ready to avenge them? She was afraid, but she dreamed nightly of the next stratum and it's wonders... so few got that far! she would learn more than any school could teach....

- - - - - - - -

By the time they reached the Great Chimera Anas was ready.

As Penelope readied her great issen technique Discors gathered his determination. It glowed softly as a blue light and settled over the party. Nothing could touch them now, as sure as his soul, they were safe.

Formosa stood in awe as Discors shared his strenth with the party, as the light settled over him he felt at peace, he had not felt this safe since well probably since he was a small child being reassured by his braver twin that there were indeed, no monsters under their bed. but now it was his turn to surprise the team.

Formosa and Acuta both began to move like the very wind! Acuta like a powerful storm, untouchable in its force and Formosa like an eddy, an elusive and swift wind. As the air moved around the party everyone was fleet of foot, nothing could touch them, nothing that did would hurt them, nothing had ever survived penelope's blade... they could do this!

[As a note here, with all these force skills whipped out at level 20 the boss was pathetically easy! Issen did 633 damage, about half the darn things life, and two Airwalks made all of his attack miss, only 2 attacks landed before he died (1 turn before the 1st imp could act)]

It was over... And they where not only alive.... they were well! The chimera had fallen away from Penelopes blade almost effortlessly! Platalea had suffered a bad blow early on but had been able to immediately cure herself. Only Discors did not look happy.

"He hit me once... I barely felt it.. Oh Platalea I'm so sorry!" he cried, no really was he crying!? "The beast Aimed for you so much, I just couldn't get it's attention... if not for Formosa and Acuta's winds you would be lost! i am not fit to protect you!"

Oh brother. was he for real? Did Discors really blame himself for the only (and minor) wound attained this fight?! Acuta just didn't know what to do with this boy. he was more of a wreck than that little sparsa! And little Formosa looked guilty too! no doubt he feels responsible for making 'Cors feel useless. Kids and thier Dramas! these two should have become actors!

"Listen Kid," Formosa had to step in here, "You did fine, and you know it. Stop torturing yourself. how the heck will you protect others when you do not trust yourself. Look at that scratch on your arm! A full on blow from the strongest beast in the stratum and I've seen worse on young'ins falling out of innocent trees-"

"AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

The hair on everyone's neck rose....They knew that howl.... and they knew what it meant... It was sad and chilling, but it was also a deep gratitude, the last gratitude of a fine beast.
Last edited by Teklanika on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:29 am

Here I'm running into trouble. Basicaly I could write PAGES and PAGES and never stop as Im continually writting 5 interacting stories in my head. (taking note of labrynth events as they happen to work into the story, today poor Acuta got his leg chomped in a snare)

I find myself excited to go back to town thinking I'll go visit little sparsa and then remmebr that it doesnt actually happen in the game, that it's all in my head. And I want to shares it with you all! but this leads to rushy writting as I play he game faster than it can be written and edited. Things are as planned and structured as they should be and I fear this will cause things to be sloppy.

SO I lack format. So please help me out with a vote or two here, From whose point of view should I be writting the next chapter? please vote above. Once I have a single frame to produce the story from a single view to consider I can get things written out better. I think I will re-poll each episode so we can see things shift about from our favorite charectors.

bathedinsin
Fenrir
Location: Take a guess, use the darker side of your imagination.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby bathedinsin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:28 pm

#34: If it exists, there is porn of it.
#35: If there isnt, it will be created.
#36: Everything is someone's fetish.
My character in progress:
http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/forums/ ... .php?t=252

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:37 am

While I find your guild name and character theme to be inspiring and frankly kick ass... I have to ask why?

I like to imagine you're some sort of duck scientist or something.

...or a lunatic.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Lunatic. I love Duckies. Anyone remember this childhood gem:

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

18 posts

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”