Guild Myrmidon

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Kamera
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Guild Myrmidon

Postby Kamera » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:46 am

All of the characters in this are from my game of Etrian Odyssey II. There's a little reference to my characters in Etrian Odyssey I, but I'm playing II right now so am gonna start with Lagaard. This is my first fan fiction so, I'm sorry if it's horrible.

Characters:
Arcanis- Male Hexer
Proserpi- Female Medic
Camilla- Female Ronin
Virtutis- Male Protector
Asanguis- Female Dark Hunter

The Hexer runs up the stairs to the 3rd Stratum, grasping for breath. Sweat pours down his forehead and his crimson robe is all in shreds. Despite his current appearance, he still appears as handsome as ever. His thick hazel locks rest on his shoulders, and behind the panic and fear his crystal blue eyes still glow with intelligence. His entire guild had fallen to Hellion, the savage monster below.
The snow continues to fall and the brisk wind sends a chill through his entire body. The only source of warmth is the hope that he will soon be back in Lagaard. He sees the shining light of the Geomagnetic Field to his left, but as he walks forward he sees a large monster approaching from the light. He runs to a dead end ahead of him and hides in the bushes, only to be trapped by the monster. He scrunches behind a bush, holding his breath to keep from making noise as the beast smells the air for live flesh. The chill sets in, and soon his eyes arere pushed down by fatigue and sealed shut by frost.
His eyes flash open at the sound of a sword cutting the monster’s side reaches his ears. A medic with glasses and short red hair runs towards the lone hexer, as a Troubadour evokes Bravery among her allies with castanets. The strawberry-haired Protector binds the monster’s arms with Smite. As the Landsknecht slashes at the monster without pause, a Survivalist shoot arrows at the great beast’s neck. As the beast falls to the ground vanquished, the Medic lifts the Hexer on his back and runs towards the Geomagnetic Field.

The Hexer wakes up at the hospital, fully rested. He curses himself for all his hard work wasted, and he wishes he would have fallen with his comrades like a hero. He looks down at his hands that are now pale as a wight, and is comforted by a young medic. She has blond hair, comforting grey eyes, and a gentle smile. She automatically introduces herself as Proserpi, and asks his name. The Hexer responds, “Arcanis”.
As Proserpi smiles at him, the male medic with glasses comes up to him and looks him straight in the eyes. He give a crooked smile and introduces himself as Dis, a member of Guild Vates that conquered the mysteries of the Labyrinth. He asks Arcanis if he would like to form a guild with his little sister, motioning towards Proserpi. Arcanis merely shrugs and puts his head back on the bed. He stares at his reflection on the silver bed posts and looks at his blood-red eyes, and sickly green hair. He smothers his head in the pillow with disgust. Eris pats Proserpi on the back, and says his farewell. He returns to his comrades at the inn to prepare for his journey back to Etria. There were still some great enemies in the Labyrinth that had to be vanquished.
Proserpi sits on the end of the bed, dreaming of what it would be like to adventure into Yggdrasil and uncover its mysteries and climb to the floating castle. This dream seems so far away. She arrived in Lagaard months ago and still had not been accepted into a Guild. She frequently would send letters to Dis, and would hear of his adventure and his friends. Filled with envy, all she can think about is being like her brother, a hero.
When Arcanis wakes up, she immediately grabs his hands and kneels beside the bed. With her eyes glowing with anticipation, she asks, “Please let me into your Guild! I can be strong and brave, I know it, just give me a chance.”
Arcanis looks at her with grief, and whispers, “My Guild is dead. Forever will I be haunted by their ghosts, and only vain revenge will satiate them.” He stops for a second and then screams, “But look at me! I look like a ghost, and I’m weaker than I ever was before… Revenge… I’ll never accomplish that.”
He casts his eyes down and curses himself over and over. Proserpi forces him to look at her, and with absolute determination she says, “We have to at least try… Well, you seem all recovered.” Giggling, she pulls him out of the bed and drags him to Stickleback Bar.

Kamera
Ragelope

Postby Kamera » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:37 pm

Walking behind Proserpi in her shadow, Arcanis sees a girl with a katana walking along the streets, looking all around her as if trapped in Yggdrasil already. Her ponytail of blue hair swings around with a movement so graceful it is almost hypnotic. As she begins to walk again she trips as her sandal gets stuck in the stone street. As she falls, the Ronin prepares herself and stretches her fingers. When she falls she is flat as a board and her finger tips are holding her up inches above the stone.
Arcanis leaves Proserpi’s shadow and heads directly to her. He feels his stomach churn as he remembers bringing his clan together, the fond memories now bound with melancholy. When Arcanis lends a hand to help her up, she jumps back up with one forceful shove of her fingers and looks at him with confused auburn eyes. Arcanis puts out his hand to shake the Ronin’s, but she just looks at it, lost as a child in a maze. After a few second delay and a bewildered look from Arcanis, she bows her head down and introduces herself, “Camilla”.
Camilla was born in a remote village centered around a shrine where monks both perfected their minds and bodies. Camilla, even as a toddler, would sneak away to the shrine and watch as the monks would sit in meditation, entranced by their stillness. At the age of ten, her father seeing her interest in the monks grow, decides to train her in the art of the sword in a hope to satiate her desire. She picked up every movement so quickly, and let it consume the part of her life. Her mother, watching her practice on Camilla on her own and very soon surpassing her father, decided to take her to the shrine. There, she was initiated and her head was shaved. She began meditation and exercises that toned her body and made it fluid as water. As her hair began to grow again, so did her strength. It became a symbol not only to Camilla, but to the rumors of the town.
At the age of sixteen, her hair had grown past her shoulders, and she always tied it in a ponytail as to not disrespect her masters at the shrine. Stories about Yggdrasil and other mysterious places had been rekindled by a young forester of a nearby village who left for the Labyrinth in Endia. As more stories spread, Camilla slowly became more intrigued. She scavenged for tales and rumors; the more she heard, the more she strove to hear. The other monks saw her desire, and formed a council to talk about Camilla’s state as a monk.
She was awoken by the light tapping of feet, but when she scanned the room, she saw no one awake. But there in front of her was a map of all the nearby towns, a bag with rations for a week, and underneath that was an ornate katana sheath. Made from a wood of deep red, engraved with dark metal. It was sturdy enough to support any katana and ornate as a silk gown. Inside was a shabby old katana, the one her father had taught her with. At once she left to find Lagaard.
Camilla is seventeen when she finally arrived in Lagaard, with more swordsmanship than ever. After fending for herself and training with many Ronins along her journey, she was prepared to enter Yggdrasil. Despite her skill with the sword she was bewildered by Lagaard, having never entered a city of stone, nor one so gargantuan. Arcanis explains the idea of a clan to her, as they walk towards the bar. After a moment of apprehension, Arcanis finally proposes an invitation to Clan Myrmidon. Camilla agrees and bows, concealing a grin on her face. As they get closer to the bar, they see Proserpi running towards them. Arcanis smiles as he notices Proserpi’s face change at the site of Camilla. His smile remains the whole way to the bar, accompanied by Proserpi and Camilla’s. Whatever fear he had of returning to Yggdrasil is slowly melting away.

Kamera
Ragelope

Postby Kamera » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:35 pm

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”