Shortfic: B&B

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shortfic: B&B

Postby Onigiri » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 am

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

Onigiri
Wyvern

B&B - by Onigiri

Postby Onigiri » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:03 pm

The patrons of the inn looks up as the door opens to reveal somebody they haven’t seen around town before. Not that that’s surprising, considering the amount of adventurers that come to try their luck in the Labyrinth.
“Ehm, excuse me! I’d like a room please.” The man says to Mme Flaus, the innkeeper.
“I’m sorry, sir, but we’re stuffed for the night. You might want to try out the bunks in the guildhouse.”
“I’ve already asked there, they’ve got no room either.”
“Hmm, I see…Well, there is this new place you could try out, it’s a B&B.”
“Bed and breakfast, you mean?”
“I heard that they’re quite good. They charge a steep price though. I believe it’s somewhere around 900 en.”
“Th... That’s thievery!”
“Maybe it is, but you could always try sleeping on the streets.”
The man grumbles. “Fine, fine. Just tell me where I can find the place.”
“If you leave here, you go left. Then take the first street on the right, followed by…”

Valerie was making up the balance for the day, when the door to their entrance hall opened. A burly man entered, carrying something large wrapped up in rags.
“Evenin’ Val. How’s business?”
“Hiya Tucker. Business is doing fine as usual. ‘S that our new sign?”
“Yeah. I’d a brought it over this morn’, but the paint weren’t dry enough.”
“Oh, that’s quite alright. Say, I’ve just made some coffee, want a cuppa?”
“Sure. Just one though. Can’t keep the missus waitin’ too long now, can I?”
Valerie pours two cups and hands one over to Tucker.
“How is Nadia holding up? She’s due to deliver anyday now, ain’t she?”
“Yeah, ‘deed she is. Still havin’ a hard time trying to imagin’ bein’ a father though.”
“I’m sure you’ll do fine at it, Tucker. By the way, if you need help with the delivery, just give me a holler.”
“Oh, do medics get trainin’ for that too nowadays?”
“No, we don’t. But I’ve been midwife at my hometown before I became a medic, so I know what to do.”
“I’ll be keepin’ that in mind, Val. But, blazes me, I’d better get goin’, or Nadia ‘s not goin’ to be happy.” Tucker gets up and makes his way to the front door.
“See you around, Tucker. You and Nadia are always welcome here!”

“Hmm… Let’s see. First right, then left… or was it right again? Aagh! I knew I should’ve jotted down the directions. Now how will I ever…”
As Tarris looks ahead, he spots a crudely made sign, reading ‘B&B’
“Ah! B&B, that must be the place. Now I can finally get some rest!”
-<Bump>-
“Hey, watch it kiddo.” The man Tarris bumped into is rather large and unfriendly looking.
“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t…” Tarris starts to stammer
“Don’t fret it, lad. I don’ really mind, but a few others mightn’ not take so kindly to it. Best be careful now.” and with that, the man continues on his way.
‘Phew, that ended well.’ Tarris thinks as he opens the door to the B&B building, only to find a very cute, blonde girl standing behind a bar.
“Welcome to B&B, my name is Valerie, may I help you?”
Tarris blushes. “Yes, I was… I mean, I…”
Valerie gently smiles at the man.
‘Poor soul is probably too embarrassed to ask’ she thinks to herself.
“You are, maybe, looking for a room?” she asks him.
“Yeah, I am.”
“Very well, sir. That’ll be 350 en.”
‘Only 350? Phew, that’s not too bad, I suppose.’ Tarris thinks to himself.
“Alright, here’s the money” he says as he counts out 350 en.
“Thank you. Your room is on the first floor, second to your right. I’ll send
room-service by in about an hour, if that is alright with you.”
‘Room service? Hmm, must be for supper.’ “That’ll be fine. Thank you.”

A little while later, the door opens again, and in steps a blonde woman, clad in leather.
“Hey, Valerie. I’ve got a package for you from Jack. You know, unless I’m mistaken, that doctor’s got the hots for you, Val.”
“I…I’m sure you’re just imagining thing, Vanessa. I mean, he… he’s…”
“Oh, right. He also wanted me to let you know that tomorrow he’ll bring over another patient that needs a place to stay to recover.”
“Alright. thank’s ‘Nessa.”
Vanessa looks at the rag-wrapped package behind the bar. “Is that the new sign?”
“Yeah, it is, Tucker brought it in just a while ago.”
There’s a little noise coming from the first floor. “Hmm? Did you place one of your patients upstairs?”
“No I didn’t. As a matter of fact, I think you’ve got yourself your first customer for the weekend.”
Vanessa smiles coily “Really now? What’s he like?”
“Well, he’s handsome, that’s for sure. I also believe that he’s rather shy.”
“Hmm, better not keep him waitin’ too long. Think you can handle placing the new sign by yourself?”
“I’ll manage, Vanessa. Have fun, ok?”
“Thanks, Val.” Vanessa briefly hugs Valerie before going upstairs.
‘Oh, well.’ Valerie thinks as she picks up the new sign. ‘Let’s get you outside.’

“So, Janice, I heard you send somebody over to V and V?” a patron asks Mme Flaus.
“Sure did, Jack, sure did. The little stinker had the guts to come here after trying to get a free nights rest over at the guildhouse.”
“Think he’ll really go them sisters?”
“Hmm, yes I do. He’s doesn’t know about the kind of place it is, and he didn’t look like the type that’ll sleep on the streets.”
“Hehe, boy, is he in for a surprise.”

‘Here goes’ Vanessa thinks as pats her whip before knocking on the door.
“Roomservice!”
“Alright, you can come in!” is the reply she gets.
As Vanessa opens the door, Valerie is outside, unwrapping the new sign…

Bandage
&
Bondage
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”