The Twilight Guild

Post your Etrian Odyssey or unrelated Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Twilight Sea
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Twilight Guild

Postby Twilight Sea » Tue May 13, 2008 8:21 pm

Hey everyone, since Etrian Odyssey lets and encourages you to make your own character backstories, I decided I would write them up. This post (and if I ever get any ideas of an actual fanfic) I will write one up. Either way these are my characters and their reasons of tackling the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Once I get deeper in the game, I will create more characters and write up their backstories as I go along. I know some backstories are more involved than others and I apologize for that.

Name: Dymlos Aileron
Class: Protector
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... mlos-1.jpg
Backstory:
Dymlos is a local native in the town of Etria. Through his whole entire life as he grew up, he saw Protectors come and go in his local town as they tackled the labyrinth. Stories of these Protectors are passed down in Etria as they have saved their comrades in the heat of combat as they faced certain death from F.O.Es in the labyrinth.

Dymlos was inspired from these stories of the Protector and begun his self-proclaimed training to become a Protector. The townsfolk of Etria gave Dymlos encouragement to become a Protector. As the years passed by, and as he grew older, Dymlos feels confident enough in his skills of long vigorous training and is now ready to tackle the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. He heads to the local guild in search of a guild to join as he now wishes to unlock the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

Name: Ashley Wilds
Class: Survivalist
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... Ashley.jpg
Backstory::
Ashley hails from the forests of the eastern continent from Etria. He was born in the forests of with a family of Survivalists. There, he was trained to live in the wild and to respect the beauty of nature and to master the bow. He has heard stories of magnificent, but deadly creatures that lived in the labyrinth. Wanting to see if these stories were true, he traveled to the port city of his continent and took a ship to the small town of Etria.

A month later as the ship arrives to Etria, he looks around the town and notices in the distance of a small grove that traveled to forests as there are soldiers guarding it. He walks towards the gates as the soldier steps in front of him, blocking his path.

“Hold it right son, I can tell that you’re not from around these parts. As you may have heard from Radha Hall’s proclamation to explore the labyrinth, I cannot allow you to enter by yourself. The labyrinth is a dangerous place and I highly suggest you head over to the guild center and join up with a crew before tackling the Yggdrasil Labryinth.

“Oh I see, thank you, I will do that.”

Ashley thanked the man as he heads towards the labyrinth in hopes of finding a guild.

Name: Cecilia Harmonde
Class: Medic
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... ecilia.jpg
Backstory:
Cecilia also hails from the town of Etria. In fact, she is a childhood friend of Dymlos. While she is two years older than him, she has watched him trained vigorously to become a Protector. She and Dymlos have been through thick and thin, they have become close from their childhood adventures, so much that the people treat the two as if they were siblings.

Cecilia wanted to make sure nothing terrible happened to Dymlos, so in response to his training of being a Protector, she went to the local school of Etria and studied to become a Medic so she can help out Dymlos when he is in need. Years have passed and as Cecilia have looked back at her training and studying as a Medic she is ready to help Dymlos tackle the Yggdrasil Labryinth. As she packs her books, medicines, and healing items in her dufflebag, she heads to the guild, knowing Dymlos will be there.

Name: Magus Darkwaters
Class: Alchemist
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... /Magus.jpg
Backstory:
Out in the northern continent from Etria, there is a university that focuses on the study of alchemy. Magus, a freshman of said university is in the library, studying up on the formulas for venoms as a group of students walked by as they were discussing about a recent flyer from the town of Etria that was on the bulletin board. Magus took a mental note to take a look at it when he was done with his studying.

A few hours later during his hour break from classes, Magus walked to the bulletin board and saw the flyer and begun to read it.

“The town of Etria has a proclamation for travelers, adventurers, explorers, and even knowledge seekers of the world. The Yggdrasil Labryinth, a dungeon of mystique, wonder, and danger is yours of the taking! If you’re courageous enough, come to the town of Etria, explore the labyrinth and come back a hero!”

Magus looked at the flyer and saw a small note attached to it as it said that anyone who wishes to go to Etria, speak with their dean. Magus nodded and went to his dean to discuss of the matter.

“Ah Magus, what brings you here lad?” As the dean showed Magus a chair in which he can sit down.

“Dean, I wish to go to Etria to explore the Yggdrasil Labryinth that was posted on the bulletin board.

The dean scratched his beard, pondering of such a request.

“Why on earth would you want to such a dangerous place son? You’re still new to the university and you wish to enter that labyrinth and risk your life for what? Treasure, fame?”

Magus shook his head in disagreement and begun to explain his reasons.

“I wish to study up on the rules of alchemy and their affects on the creatures of the Yggdrasil Labryinth. I want to know what the best formulas on such various creatures are. That is why I want to go, to understand further the art of Alchemy.”

Magus’s dean closed his eyes and pondered about such a proclamation.

“Very well, but I expect a written thesis, and end results of this study. If things get out-of-hand, I want you to come right back to the university. Do you understand?

“Yes I do, and thank you Dean, I will make sure you not let you down.”

As with that, Magus headed to his quarters and prepared for the long trip to Etria of his study on the affects of Alchemy versus the creatures of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

Name: Lucia Maywind
Class: Troubadour
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... /Lucia.jpg
Backstory:
Lucia is part of a traveling group of dancers and singing Troubadours that travel the world to entertain the masses. They have recently come to the town of Etria to see what the commotion is about this supposedly Yggdrasil Labyrinth and to tell the stories of these adventurers.

As Lucia’s troupe set up camp, she wanders around Etria to see the sights and notices in the distance the entrance to the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Wondering what stories and songs she could amass from such a dungeon, she enters the Explorer’s Guild and puts in an application to join up with a guild. As she heads back to her group, she explains to them her reasons of entering the labyrinth. They smile at her and let her know that she has their support and will look forward to her stories and songs.

Her group lets her know that they will be here for quite some time so there’s no need to rush through the labyrinth. Lucia smiles, bows in thanks and heads back to the guild.

Name: Katsumi Takahashi
Class: Ronin
Character image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... atsumi.jpg
Backstory:
Katsumi hails from the Far East, she is the daughter of the famous ronin, Masamoto Takahashi. On the day of her eighteenth birthday, she was doing her usual training of the way of the blade when her father walks in. As she sees him, she bows in greets and he returns the bow.

“Katsumi, you have trained hard these past five years and now that it is your eighteenth birthday today, it is time for you to go and train in the outside world. And I know of such a place to test and exceed your limits in the way of ronin.”

Katsumi blinked wondering where this place is.

“I’m sure you’re well aware of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth in the west? I want you to go there and challenge the labyrinth with your blade. Will you go?”

“Yes father I will and I will not come back until I have fully mastered the art of Ronin. I will not disappoint you!

Masamoto smiles, bows and leaves. “It’s best you packing your belongings now, you will be leaving tomorrow at sunset.”

Katsumi nods and prepares her things. During the next day at sunset, she takes the ferry to the western world in which she will begin her training in the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.
Last edited by Twilight Sea on Thu May 22, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 14, 2008 12:39 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Twilight Sea
Ragelope

Postby Twilight Sea » Thu May 22, 2008 2:43 pm

I went and updated my bio and added my Ronin character. She is the daughter of a character I made up a couple of years ago in my Final Fantasy campaign I was in.

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “ItL's Legends and Artwork”