What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
scy
Manticor

Re: What anime are you currently watching?

Postby scy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Also, IM@S 6 - dat animation. I think Miura is personally bankrolling this shit now. There goes the Berserk budget.

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Started Kamisama Dolls. So far, Kukuri, the main doll/robot/god, is my favorite character. Which also says something about the likability of the human characters, but eh.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:55 am

I just finished watching Princess Tutu. The ending wasn't quite what I'd hoped for.

Am sad now. .u_u.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 am

Since I mentioned dat animation:

Watching on my TV makes me too lazy to actually do screencaps and uploads so I'll probably not do anything special for my catching up on episodes.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Iori has nice hair

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 pm

That's okay, Scy. I like Hidamari Sketch enough for two ^_^

Speaking of great anime, Kara No Kyoukai was super-mega-awesometastic. I definitely want to own it on BD. Unfortunately, the BD boxset costs about €480 in Japan :shock: and is sold out in NAmerica. I guess I'll have to wait for a rerelease.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

I had a post for Mayo Chiki 6 but it got eaten so ... sad day. So until I get the desire to redo the damn thing, quick summary:

HOW DO PEOPLE THINK SUBARU IS A GUY?, lolconfession, lolfake, lolreal???, tsuntsuntsun, HNNNGHs.

Some stuff on One Outs since I finished marathoning it (mostly due to two of the arcs not being available for the manga >>), probably some ZAWAZAWA, and then stuff I don't remember.

Also, Kara no Kyoukai isn't something I figured you'd enjoy. If you haven't seen it, I'd like to throw out the suggestion of Simoun but I'd guess you've seen it by now (or at least heard of it).

And I'm reminded I need to keep up with Dantalian and KamiMemo:

Gotta be about dudes. It's always about the BL.

y so sa---SPARKLIES.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I already own Simoun on DVD :)

And why did you think I wouldn't enjoy Kara No Kyoukai? I loved Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Kai) as much as everyone here.
Kimiko

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

What does Higurashi have to do with Kara no Kyoukai? It's Type-Moon/Nasu, not 07th Expansion/Ryukishi. I mean, I guess the whole supernatural murder stuff but still, it's pretty typical Type-Moon which gets shit on pretty often here.

And I dunno why, just a groundless assumption, I suppose.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Yes, I meant the supernatural murder stuff, as well as the gruesomeness of said murders. Of course, Kara No Kyoukai is much darker in mood, and has no lolis.

I'm not too familiar with Type-Moon really. I've watched Shingetsutan Tsukihime, which as I recall was an incomplete story, and now Kara No Kyoukai, which is much much better.

Didn't Type-Moon also do Fate/Stay Night? I think that's pretty popular, but I haven't really looked into it. Maybe that's what the bashing you mention was directed at?
Kimiko

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm

There's also Canaan, if we want to count that.

And Type-Moon (or just Nasu in general, perhaps) gets shit on a lot. I like his stuff (and, hell, I'm looking forward to Fate/Zero this Fall) but it's not too terribly popular here if I remember right. Don't expect much action-y stuff to be, though, to be honest.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Canaan? That wasn't super gory, was it? Plus the story kinda fell flat towards the end.

I don't hate action. It just needs a good gripping story to back it up. Action for action's sake is meh.
Kimiko

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”