Assuming direct control.
Maxine is a bit busy, so she made a call for new writers. I signed up.
And if you are wondering, this also coincides with some great news.
If anyone recalls, when the 3DS was announced, there was a massive list of possible games developers wanted to make for it. On that list, under Atlus, was Etrian Odyssey.
Yesterday, they finally formally announced Etrian Odyssey IV, to be released in Japan July 5th.
Information so far:
- 7 different classes with redesigns:
- The swordsman is coming back in some form.
- Medic is back, and looks like a different style of cute.
- Fortress looks like this game's Protector, but wields hammers.
- Rune Master sounds like we may be getting a real magic mage, rather than alchemy or astronomic math.
- Nightseeker looks like an assassin of some kind.
- Sniper is the archer, and seems to be this iteration's black-haired ronin.
- Dancer might be the new bard, with a similar look and name.
- Monsters are now in 3D.
- FOEs are not fuzzy balls anymore, and you can actually see them... charge at you and slash your jugular.
- Ships from 3 got replaced with a hot-air balloon. Might be we need to get to the tree this time?
- New 'Casual' difficulty for those not so good at these games. Normal is still there.
- Old staff is all here.
- Yuji Himukai (character designer)
- Shin Nagasawa (monster designer)
- Yuzu Koshiro (sound)
- Daisuke Kaneda is directing. He was originally the battle designer for EO1, and director for Trauma Team.
- Nizo Yamamoto, artist for Princess Mononoke, is doing the background art.
- According to Siliconera, a possible translation of the subtitle is "Legend of the Giant God."Official EOIV Japanese Website
Hit the jump for sources and a myriad of content.
Initial Intro Screens
Famitsu DX pack with posters and a mug
Nintendo Direct February 2012 with Subtitles at EO4 announcement
Famitsu Scans Courtesy: